Warehouse Supervisor at GlaxoSmithKline
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
Position Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Working Location: Pennsylvania
Employment Status: Full time
Required Experience: 4 years
Required Education: Bachelors
Travel Required: 0%
Use GSK Storage and Distribution Standards, Lean Warehousing and GPS practices and principles to manage personnel responsible for all Warehousing activities, including off site warehouses, transfers, shipments, cold storage, supporting manufacturing, R&D & Third Party activities for the Building 40 GMS Biopharmaceuticals Site within the GMS Japan & Global RX Supply. Represents Supply Chain Operations as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for warehouse audits, both internal and external. This includes Quality, Safety, and Environmental audits.
• Supervise Warehouse staff in daily activities, establish best working practices, prepare Performance and Development plans and provide all training/refresher certifications
• Responsible for warehouse personnel training and line implementation of GPS and Continuous Improvement projects for the Warehouses, including visual controls and metrics. Key expectation for this First Line Leader (FLL) role is to spend 70% of the time on the field, focused on People Leadership, Performance Management, and real time Problem Solving through Gemba with Purpose and Confirming Standards.
• Responsible for managing the Bldg 40A and offsite Warehousing material handling equipment and preventative maintenance programs.
• Responsible for ensuring a high level of accuracy in warehouse transactions, utilizing MERPS, monitor entries and support user group.
• Responsible for the creation, review, revision, and approval of all Warehouse documentation including, SOP’s QMS, GQMP, Protocols, Validation Reports and Deviations.
• Responsible for managing all Quality related functions including Atypical Events, CQI, and CAPA administration in Trackwise.
• Responsible for managing Self Inspection Audits and self directed training Programs for Warehouse department.
• Manages the material control, site trash, chemical, and hazardous waste disposal programs.
• Manages business risks related to any outside party relationships.
• Manages the systems for courier and QA sample shipments for the site.
• Participate in Global and Site Supply Chain/Cold Chain Planning and Improvement projects to collaboratively develop plans to improve capacity and reliability of the warehouse equipment
• BS/BA in a technical field with 4 or more years direct experience in Warehouse Management or related experience.
• Supervisory and leadership experience
• Experience with MERP/SAP
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.