Technical Specialist at Healthstream
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Verity, a HealthStream Company is looking for a Technical Specialist to coordinate, plan and transfer data from client data sources to company software products using programming, analysis, and technical tools. Our Technical Specialist experts assist clients with software installs and upgrades to ensure a smooth transition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Using appropriate programming and technical tools, evaluates client’s data to determine its suitability for transfer into HLS’s proprietary software systems.
- Works with multiple HLS departments as necessary to ensure the successful execution of data transfer and software implementation projects to provide a positive experience for clients.
- Communicates any issues/concerns regarding contractual obligations related to data transfer services to the Implementation Specialist.
- Uses appropriate programming and technical tools to extract, transform, and load data from client data sources into HLS’s databases.
- May perform data- related custom programming projects, such as scripts, triggers, etc., as deemed appropriate by Client Services Management.
- Performs related duties as required in support of client service goals.
- Works with clients during the implementation of all HLS software products, including troubleshooting as necessary.
A. Knowledge/Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related discipline.
- 1 - 2 years experience with data extraction and transformation tools – Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008 highly preferred; Visual FoxPro and/or Oracle 8i/10g desirable.
- Experience supporting, implementing and/or developing software in an n-tier architecture highly preferred.
B. Skills Required:
- Must have strong, well-developed problem solving skills and the ability to learn new technical concepts quickly
- Excellent time-management, organization, prioritization, and the ability to adapt to rapidly changing technical projects.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
C. Abilities Required:
- Ability to write, analyze, and develop SQL code.
- A fundamental understanding of relational database theory and set-based logic.
- A fundamental understanding of classic ASP and/or ASP.NET.
NOTE: This position is primarily sedentary in a normal office environment with extensive computer usage and use of the phone.
Could lift up to 20 lbs.
Please refer to the job description for details.