Welder/Crater/Packer/Operator/Material Handler (2nd Shift) at Construction Specialties
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Muncy, PennsylvaniaJob Description:
# Positions 1
Type Regular Full-Time
Welds a variety of parts of different sizes, shapes, and thickness to produce uniformly high-quality welds and fills of prescribed structural strengths.
Utilizes standard MIG and TIG techniques on both ferrous and nonferrous metals. Operates various pieces of material handling equipment.
- Working from work orders, prints, sketches, written and oral instructions, utilizes standard MIG and TIG welding techniques and uses safety equipment, calipers, scales, square, protractor, various hand tools and aids, holding and clamping devices.
- Sets up and operates welding equipment, adjusts conditions such as voltage, current, rod, and feed rate to obtain proper fusion, bead for different parts, specifications, and quality of workmanship. Spot welds assemblies or subassemblies.
- Sets up and operates saw equipment to cut proper color and profile stock to the size and shape specified by job order, either straight or angular cuts. Positions fixtures and clamps to properly locate direction of cut.
- Uses other shop equipment as needed, such as circular saw, hand drill or drill press, punch and dies press. Performs safety checks and documentation as required.
- Inspects all work for conformance to standards.
- Moves material to and from work area as required.
- Moves materials or products using material handling equipment such as hand truck and dolly. Uses hand tools, knife, tape dispenser, hand stapler, weighing or measuring instruments, pneumatic staple guns, strapper, and other equipment as needed.
- Builds crates and boxes around items of a wide range of sizes and shapes to be shipped, checking items against packing list.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves
- Maintains work area, equipment, and supplies in a neat and orderly condition. Returns unused materials and supplies to proper storage area.
- Complies with all safety and other Company rules, regulations, and procedures.
- Refers problems or unusual circumstances to supervisor.
- Ensure that hazardous material and waste handling is conducted within the guidelines of the training provided.
- Assures quality of work through accuracy, neatness, paying attention to details, thorough understanding of information, with minimal amount of rework. Conveys personal commitment to quality by demonstrating good quality behavior. Identifies and acts upon opportunities to improve quality of material or process.
- Ensures conformance to all aspects of the ISO 14001 standard and Construction Specialties' Environmental Management System (EMS), including its environmental policy while performing job functions that may have a significant impact on the environment.
- High school graduate/GED required
- Minimum of 6 months of manufacturing/related experience.
- Demonstrate ability to operate mig and tig welding equipment, emphasis on aluminum sheet, angles and extrusions, must be able to produce water tight tig welds on light gauge aluminum, all welds must display high quality workmanship.
- Ability to operate fork lift and overhead crane.
- Ability to operate saws, drills, staple guns and punches.
- Ability to use hand tools, knife, tape dispenser, hand stapler, weighing or measuring instruments.
- Ability to read blueprints and work orders.
- Ability to organized and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to comprehend and safely operate production equipment.
- Computer literacy - BPCS/AS400 a plus.
- Able to continuously lift 25lbs and sometimes lift 100lbs.
- Able/willing to work 2nd Shift (2:30pm - 11:00pm) M-F, plus overtime when available.
OUR COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER THAT DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF AN INDIVIDUAL’S RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN’S STATUS OR ANY OTHER CHARACTERISTIC PROTECTED BY FEDERAL, STATE OR LOCAL LAW