Lead Microbiology Technician at Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Lead Microbiology Technician
Silver Spring, MD
The WRAIR aims to conduct biomedical research that is responsive to Department of Defense and US Army requirements and delivers life saving products including knowledge, technology and medical material that sustain the combat effectiveness of the Warfighter.
We are seeking a Lead Microbiology Technician to work at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research in Silver Spring, MD.
* Lead and/or support root cause analysis investigations with special emphasis on projects associated with the microbiology wet lab; including, but not limited to, specimen manipulation, plating, isolation, growth, maintenance, storage, antibiotic susceptibility testing, routine microbiological assays and site-directed mutagenesis studies.
* Create training documents and SOPs; execute as appropriate
* Maintain and update SDS (Safety Data Sheet) for all the reagents and chemicals used in the lab annually
* Performing accurate specimen testing, results validation, and data input and retrieval; assessing & identifying errors; handling infectious material; accurately performing a laboratory quality control procedures.
* Serve as a lead laboratory technician working under the supervision of a principal investigator or laboratory manager/ supervisor in performing laboratory procedure and experiments as required for the phenotypic and genotypic characterization of MDRO, and coordinating activities for other laboratory technicians.
* Perform experimental work including serological assays, chemical assays, genetic and molecular biology procedures, growth of solid and liquid cultures.
* Perform routine laboratory duties required for the smooth and safe operation of laboratory such as maintaining a supply of clean glassware, properly disposing of hazardous biological and chemical waste, preparing reagents, and maintaining an inventory of laboratory chemicals.
* Maintain a laboratory notebook in which accurate and complete records of laboratory work is maintained in accordance with accepted standards.
* Follow laboratory SOP's and specific written experimental protocols as well as oral instructions in performing assigned experimental work.
* Submit reports and data summaries when applicable.
* Comply with occupational health and safety standards and other applicable regulations and guidelines which may include medical surveillance.
* Attend relevant seminars, scientific conferences, and meetings to the MRSN.
* Participate in the development of research protocols and grant proposals and in the conduct of research related to MRSN activities.
* Performs quality control testing, instrument maintenance and troubleshooting.
* Verifies analytic accuracy, precision, sensitivity and references ranges for test methods.
* Works with Physician to analyze results and conduct more difficult, non-routine tests.
* Serves as a consultant to medical laboratory technicians and phlebotomists as needed.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Ph.D. or M.S. Microbiology (preferred), Virology or Molecular Biology with 3+ years working in a molecular, clinical or microbiological laboratory setting outside of academic coursework.
* Project management experience.
* Experience managing specimen databases, sample tracking, staffs of greater than 5 individuals.
* Current GLP/GCP training.
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 11661 online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf