Process Engineer at anuva resource solutions
Posted in Architecture 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Melbourne, Florida
Position: PROCESS ENGINEER
##Location: Melbourne, FL
Duration: Right to hire
- This is an entry level professional position. Develop and improve the methods, procedures, and processes used to manufacture products.
- Establish the most economic methods and tooling that will result in high levels of quality and productivity for the fabrication of a wide variety of sub- and final assemblies.
- Set-up and operate surface mount assembly line and be able to address routine issues during the run. Monitor key process control points and support efforts to keep processes in control and continually improving.
Develop accurate labor and tooling quotes for new products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop accurate labor and tooling quotes for new products.
- Develop build-to-print packages and/or process sheets and specify/order tooling that maximize quality and productivity.
- Ensure that labor standards, operations, tooling, bill of materials, etc. are accurate and result in assemblies that conform to the product documentation.
- Set-up and operate the surface mount assembly line ensuring that first piece/first article inspections are performed and any associated corrective actions implemented.
- Utilize CAD packages to process customer supplied data and develop raw programs for surface mount and other equipment. Generate labels as required.
- Monitor key process control points and initiate corrective actions when the process is 'out of control' or approaching such a condition.
- Define packaging for new products that ensures safe transport.
- Generate, review, and approve/reject engineering variances and engineering change requests.
- Identify cost reductions to meet annual objectives.
- Maintains proficiency in assembly skills.
- May be required to perform additional duties deemed by management to be within the scope of the job.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvements in all areas related to producing products.
- Production personnel if assigned.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- This is an entry level position. A BS degree in mechanical, electrical, or other related discipline, or equivalent years of experience in the duties described is required.
- Experience with PC based tools for engineering and documentation.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals and engineering documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables