Systems Operations Engineer at Vivi Fenwick Consultant, LLC
Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
ZAG Technical Services, Inc. (ZAG) is an award-winning IT consulting firm specializing in network infrastructure, security, disaster recovery, virtualization, cloud computing services, and remote access. We serve SMB and enterprise businesses throughout the Northwest, consistently delivering solutions designed with the business needs in mind, deploying according to best practices and managed in a way to ensure our clients stay productive.
We are looking for an System Operations Engineer. This is a behind the scenes revenue generating position with diligent research implementation patching experience. The primary purpose of this position is to patch equipment for all our Managed Services Customers per their desired schedules. This position will also provide technical and operations assistance to meet client business goals and objectives.
The role of an System Operations Engineer to provide ZAG’s customer base with the following:
- A defined work schedule is required for this role. Wednesday through Sunday are the defined days. Hours adjusted as needed to accommodate patching time per customers
- Working knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, WINS
- Perform Server and network equipment patching including updates and modifications to various operating systems
- Project Deployment – work closely with our Project Management Office (PMO) on assigned tasks within the defined project scope of work
- Apply subject matter expertise for patching, however not limited to Windows Servers, Application Servers, PDC Servers, Axapta Silos, Hyper-V hosts, and firmware upgrades as needed for networking equipment.
- Diagnose and remedy issues and escalate when appropriate in a timely manner to avoid any delays or unexpected stalls in service delivery
- Participate in technical discussions with our client and provide best practice guidance based on industry standards and practices when needed
- Design and implement services on various platforms (Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix, etc.) and to support, document and administer the customer’s environment
- Provide direct technical support and analysis for planning, implementation for patches, releases, upgrades or changes for all range of products and services ZAG Technical Services provides
- Take measures to ensure stability of customer’s IT environments to provide the highest level up-time through monitoring and alert management and analysis
- Follow all industry best practices during design and architecture phases and provide guidance based on industry proven methods and approaches
- Professionally document all work performed and submit to the PMO for inclusion to project delivery requirements
- Troubleshoot and maintain all supported solutions based on the needs of the client and the criticality of the nature of the issue
- Other tasks as needed
Above and beyond the general activities listed, a System Operations Engineer will apply all knowledge, skills and abilities to adhere to the company’s visions and goals to be the top services provider. Our Engineers take pride in the work they perform on a daily basis and will work alongside some of the brightest minds in the industry. The work will include involvement in some of the most visible and challenging projects within Fortune 500 companies.
Our valued partners include Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Nimble Storage, and Dell. Other platform knowledge will be taken into consideration based on alignment to ZAG’s technical offerings.
- Technical, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience (A+ certification)
- Performance tuning techniques for maximum performance
- Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) preferred
- Maintain one Microsoft competency to enable company to maintain Microsoft Partner Network Membership standing
- Excellent working knowledge of up-to-date desktop applications
- Working knowledge of Windows Servers, workstations, MS Exchange, VMware, Citrix, anti-virus and other various software applications
- Ability to communicate in an understandable, polite and friendly manner, both written and verbal
- Ability to work well with others, as well as independently; attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a small business environment
- Must hold a valid driver’s license with no restrictions and possess reliable transportation
- Availability in response to needs of the customer for installation, maintenance and equipment malfunctions
- Typical workweek is Wednesday – Sunday with flexible hours
- Weekend hours may be after normal hours
- Minimal travel to client sites is required
If this sounds like you, send your resume for immediate consideration.