Transport Specialist at MVM, Inc.
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Antonio, Texas
TITLE: Transport Specialist
LOCATION: San Antonio, TX
DURATION: Part Time/ As Needed
SCHEDULE: Must be flexible to work holidays, weekends and multiple shift options
MVM, Inc. is seeking a Transport Specialist to accompany minors of all age groups while they are transported via domestic flights and/or ground transportation to select government facilities. During the trip, Transport Specialists use their language skills to communicate with children and teens in a way that is culturally-sensitive, while fostering a safe and humane environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Transporting unaccompanied minors in a safe and humane manner in accordance with company established Transportation by Land or Air policies and procedures
- Ensures that all and any information provided to the minor is communicated in a language that is understood by the minor
- Prepares to work with uncooperative individuals in both controlled and uncontrolled situations
- Ensure minors a safe environment for minors to feel comfortable
- Performs other related tasks
- B.A. in Criminal Justice or any related field or four (4) years' experience in a professional setting
- Minimum of 2 years of professional, volunteer or intern experience in the field of security, law, social work, teaching, detention, corrections or related field
- Ability to comprehend and speak (both) Spanish and English fluently
- Valid driver's License, clean driving record
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
- Availability to travel within the United States
- Strong computer skills and proficiency of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Comfortable using smart phone and tablet technology and VHF radio
- Must be local to the area (please note only local candidates will be considered)
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to multitask
- Experience with unaccompanied children, juvenile detention or rehabilitation or working with minors/youth
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and integrity
Applicants selected may be subject to a Government background investigation and may be required to meet the following conditions of employment:
- A favorable credit check for all cleared positions
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must have lived in the US for at least three (3) of the last five (5) years
- Successfully passing a background investigation
MVM offers a competitive benefits package, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
For more information about the company please visit our website at www.mvminc.com
MVM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.