2018 Summer Internship - Facilities at Flex
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Austin, Texas
Flex is a leading sketch-to-scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. With more than 200,000 professionals across 30 countries and a promise to help make the world Live Smarter™, the company provides innovative design, engineering, manufacturing, real-time supply chain insight and logistics services to companies of all sizes in various industries and end-markets. For more information please visit our careers page at www.flex.com.
Industry: Electrical / Electronic Manufacturing
Type: Public Company
Headquarters: 2 Changi South Lane, Singapore, 486123
Company Size: 10,001+ employees
Job DescriptionFlex has an exciting 2018 Facilities Manufacturing Engineer Summer Internship based in Austin, Texas! The intern will work on challenging projects in support of real-time business issues, to develop skills and experiences.
The Internship opportunity will support the Flex Facilities team in Austin to managed the building and manufacturing support organization. This intern will be responsible and have independent projects designed to assist the transformational (manufacturing re-arrangement) and infrastructure facilities engineering teams complete their lease-hold-improvement (LHI) projects.
There will be a variety of projects that will assist with new construction, manufacturing rearrangement and facility infrastructure projects underway at the facility while we renovate the one million sqft facility and re-arrange the businesses within to align to new corporate initiatives.
- Document Facility Utility Systems in ACAD according to site standards and recommend upgrades
- Design, develop, and implement lifting methods/processes to allow facilities operations move large components and supplies onto the roof.
- Assist the facilities infrastructure engineering team with building automation installations and programming.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing degree in Facilities, Industrial or Manufacturing Engineering or related field from an accredited university
- Available for 10-12 weeks during Summer timeframe
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate with others
- Self-motivated, high energy and strong time management skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills and team orientation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take lead and drive for results
Job CategoryInternFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier.