Manager, Internal Audit - IT at Essendant Management Services LLC
Posted in Engineering 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Deerfield, Illinois
The Internal Audit Manager – IT will lead the Company’s IT risk assessment, IT Sarbanes Oxley certification approach and testing, IT audit plan, and will be the “go to” expert in planning, executing and communicating the results of the above engagements.
- Lead the annual Internal Audit IT risk assessment and audit plan development.
- Conduct IT operational and IT security audits and ensure appropriate documentation, audit testing evidence, conclusions, and adherence to department standards.
- Manage the Company’s Section 404 certification program for IT including scope review, process documentation, control identification, testing, evaluate design and effectiveness of key internal controls, coordinate remediation, and assess deficiencies.
- Manage and track open audit and internal control issues and coordinate with process owners to ensure remediation and closure.
- Prepare Audit Committee and other Board materials regarding status of Sarbanes Oxley certification program, IT audit results and findings, and other accomplishments / topics.
- Develop strong, long term relationships with key internal stakeholders, including the Chief Information Officer and other IT leaders.
- Collaborate with the Company’s external auditors regarding risk assessment, internal audits, management’s Sarbanes Oxley approach and results, walkthroughs and work performed on behalf of external auditors.
- Lead special corporate or department projects as needed/directed.
- Support the Company’s Enterprise Risk Management process for IT-related areas.
- Use technology to continually improve team work flow and testing approaches.
- Understand and stay abreast of technical and industry developments and their impact on the Company.
- Understand and demonstrate Essendant's Core Values.
- Strong understanding of COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, Section 404, Internal Controls over Financial Reporting and COSO 2013.
- Proven project management experience and/or experience managing audits and/or audit plan highly preferred.
- Superior technical skills and analytical capabilities.
- Proven problem solving and decision making skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills (verbal, written, presentation).
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment and communicate effectively with all levels and across all functions throughout the organization.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain flexibility in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access); experience with Visio and SharePoint.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related IT discipline required (MBA or advanced degree preferred)
- CISA, CIA or CPA preferred
- 6+ years of progressive IT internal controls and audit experience required (at least 3 years of Big 4 or large regional public IT audit experience preferred)
- Experience in identifying risks associated with IT processes (risk assessment), identifying internal controls within a process and performing gap analysis
- Experience in designing and executing data analytics a plus
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Minimal domestic and international travel may be required: approximately 5% - 10%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description