QA Engineer at The Nielsen Company
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Oldsmar, Florida
QA Engineer - 1007
Technology and Engineering - USA Oldsmar, Florida
The Nielsen Digital SDK is on the forefront of the Nielsen Watch business. The Digital SDK’s primary responsibility is collecting information on what people watch on their devices. The Nielsen Digital SDK is looking for experienced QA engineers to help us test and validate features under development. Nielsen is seeking a professional comfortable with testing and debugging on desktop and mobile browsers. The successful candidate will be required to engage with all areas within Nielsen including testing, backend processing systems, operations and partners around the world. This position is expected to bring industry best practices of manual and automated testing (unit and regression) to the team.
- Develop and document the test strategy, test plan, test cases to test the functionality and features developed
- Develop regression and non-functional test cases
- Automate the test cases using Selenium or Appium
- Execute both manual and automated test cases
- 3+ Years of direct experience in testing on desktop or mobile browsers
- Experience performing manual testing on Desktop and Mobile Browsers
- Experience writing and / or testing commercial software applications (or academic projects), written in Java, C/C++, or other object-oriented language.
- Experience with SQL a plus.
- Familiar with common SDLC practices, especially in an Agile environment. Prior experience with Agile practices including Scrum, Kanban, and others a plus.
- Familiar with Jira, Bitbucket, and other Atlassian tools
- Familiar with Zephyr Test Management tools
- Experience testing on Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and IE/Edge Browsers
- End-user level familiarity with Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS
- Working knowledge of source control system like Git or SVN
- Knowledge of HTTP/S communication
- Knowledge of XML/JSON formats and parsers
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Should have ability to work independently and be a self-starter. Direction and support will be provided by the manager, but the candidate is expected to be a proactive member and put forth his/her own ideas
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and/or Computer Science, or equivalent commercial experience.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida