Mechanic/Technician Field Gen at EmpirecatP
Posted in Automotive 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Buckeye, Arizona
Requisition #: 8747
Shift : 1
Start Time : 7:00 am
End Time : 3:00 pm
Schedule Days : Monday - Friday
Position Status: Full Time (40 hrs week)
Repair, recondition, and service Caterpillar and other Empire line allied machines, systems and components in the field. Prepare equipment for delivery. Troubleshoot and diagnose malfunctions and failures of machine and engines systems, and their components. Work in adverse weather conditions as needed. Accept all out of town assignments requiring extended overnight stays. Communicate orally and in writing information, instructions and explanations to associates, customers and management regarding equipment conditions, problems and recommendations. Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years' experience troubleshooting and repair construction and agriculture equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment malfunctions and failures.
- Maintain good customer relations and support for corporate marketing objectives.
- Repair, recondition, and maintain equipment and components.
- Prepare service reports.
- Plan and control cost of repair jobs.
- Maintain company equipment – keep in good clean orderly condition.
- Work safely at all times. Adhere to all applicable safety policies. Comply with all company policies, procedures and standards.
- Own and maintain required personal tools.
- Learn and use Empire, Caterpillar and allied product procedures and systems.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Maintain current MSHA card if work area requires.
- Provide on-the-job training to technicians and helpers as assigned.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Travel to remote locations as needed.
- Make warranty recommendations.
- Communicate with proper individuals to clarify instructions or discuss scope or progress of job.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of EMPIRE's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promote corporate values.
Skills & Abilities
Able to comply with DOT CDL requirements.
Acceptable attendance to meet all company standards and requirements.
Appropriate manner, conduct and grooming to adhere to company policy.
Demonstrated technical skill competence.
Interpersonal skills sufficient to communicate verbally and in writing with others in an objective and cooperative manner.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Required to sit occasionally
Required to talk or hear occasionally
Required to stand frequently
Required to walk frequently
Required to reach outward frequently
Required to climb frequently
Required to squat or kneel frequently
Required to lift or carry 21-50 lbs
Specific vision abilities include distance vision
Specific vision abilities include depth perception
Specific vision abilities include ability to adjust focus
This position is designated as a Safety-Sensitive Position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level is loud.
Exposure to wet humid conditions
Exposure to extreme heat or cold
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The roles and objectives of this job do not include setting corporate policy, and does not constitute a managing agent of the company.
Empire is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please call 480-633-5440 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Empire Southwest is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
Safety - Respect - Integrity - Teamwork - Excellence - Stewardship - Astonishment