Associate Research Analyst at Daniel J. Edelman Holdings
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Edelman is a leading global Communications Marketing firm that partners with many of the world’s largest and emerging businesses and organizations, helping them evolve, promote and protect their brands and reputations. Edelman was named one of Advertising Age’s “Agency to Watch” in 2014; one of Forbes’ “14 Most Influential Agencies of 2014”; and The Holmes Report’s “2013 Global Agency of the Year.” Edelman was awarded the Grand Prix Cannes Lion for PR in 2014 and was among Glassdoor’s “Best Places to Work” for the third time in 2014. Edelman owns specialty firms Edelman Intelligence (research) and United Entertainment Group (entertainment, sports, experiential), a joint venture with United Talent Agency.
Edelman is an equal opportunity employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Associate Research Analyst, Edelman Intelligence
Edelman Intelligence is seeking an Associate Research Analyst who will be responsible for assisting in the management of custom market research studies from initial scoping and proposal writing through final deliverables. S/he will help to develop and execute research from start to finish, balancing multiple projects and coordinating activities required to deliver research on time and on budget.
Responsibilities will focus on Primary Research methodologies (quantitative, qualitative and communities) and Secondary Research (monitoring, measurement, and desk research).
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Understand the role of research within business decision-making, PR, and communications marketing
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of our tools, platforms, and research methodologies
- Attend meetings, take comprehensive notes, and demonstrate an understanding of objectives to effectively assist in scoping research and project setup
- Effectively guide work managed by others and communicate with team members across offices and practices, sharing project timelines and client communications that impact research execution
- Conduct research according to scope, timeline, and objectives, including analysis of data up to and including initial creation of key findings and report drafts, as well as fact-checking of reports
- Balance support of multiple concurrent projects within multiple accounts
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the client’s business, products and services along with the broader industry, particularly related to client objectives (business and research, big picture and day-to-day)
- Act as liaison between junior analysts in other offices and senior research leads in Chicago to ensure project details are communicated effectively and research is executed according to timelines, quality standards, and objectives
- Drive progress on intake requests from account teams, working proactively with senior leads to answer questions and ensure responses within a reasonable time frame
- Balance ongoing and project-specific deadlines and commitments with real-time requests and quick-turn research needs
- Help to manage large-scale global analysis and oversee high-profile, confidential research projects with professionalism and utmost attention to detail
- Relevant experience in a public relations and/or related fields including research, advertising, management consulting, media and publishing.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Skilled at translating data into client-relevant insights.
- Strong writing skills are a must, along with an understanding of the importance of storytelling and organization.
- Maintains close attention to detail and adherence to quality control process.
- Excellent listener with track record of delivering to expectations.
- Takes responsibility to get work done efficiently and effectively.
- Able to be flexible to meet client needs and timelines.
- Able to prioritize work and manage time to complete work on time and within project budget.