Posted in Architecture 13 days ago.
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Field Operations Engineer
TRDI is a federal government contractor serving a wide range of customers from the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, General Services Administration (GSA), and various major corporations offering a deep portfolio of services. TRDI is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization whose mission is to create and enhance life opportunities for people with barriers and disabilities, including disabled veterans. TRDI is a corporation with a mission!
Our portfolio of services is broad and deep, backed by committed and reliable employees trained to excel in a broad range of careers spanning dozens of industries. TRDI employees are the quality of workers every employer seeks – individuals of character and integrity, with an emphasis on discipline, and a strong desire to succeed.
The Field Operations Engineer plays an important supporting role in the operations of the organization by researching, analyzing, and evaluating how well an organization is performing at a macro level. The Field Operations Engineer will study our organizational workflows and processes to recommend and implement changes to increase productivity and eliminate inefficiencies. The Field Operations Engineer will ensure the organization is following compliance standards, contractual requirements, and all applicable regulations. This position is an on-site (non-remote) position in San Antonio, TX.
The Field Operations Engineer will apply advanced knowledge to successfully:
1. Conducts assessments of processes and practices for comparison to applicable standards and criteria
2. Works with various departments to develop strategies, plans and metrics to achieve business objectives
3. Analyzes and interprets data. Provides feedback on assessment results and identifies opportunities for improvement and potential areas of risk
4. Apply statistical analysis, simulations, and predictive modeling to analyze current procedures
5. Evaluate and update operational and administrative workflows, processes, and procedures to ensure optimal effectiveness
6. Prepare detailed reports of workflow research and improvement
7. Compare processes with industry standards and best practices
8. Identify and implement opportunities to promote automation and technology
9. Provide effective training and follow up to implement process and workflow adjustments.
10. Contribute to the overall compliance with the Service Contract Act and prevailing wage requirements from the Department of Labor.
· Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner
· Ability to manage time effectively
· Self motivated and dependable
· Ability to make decisions and solve problems while working under pressure
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Ability to develop and implement efficient processes
· Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Occasional travel to meet job expectations to various contract sites in 9 states.
· Bachelor’s degree with a concentration Industrial Engineering, Industrial Distribution or Project Management, required
· Pursuing Project Management certification, preferred
· Proficient in MS Excel
· Experience with Lean Six Sigma, ISO 9001, Kaizen
· Federal Contracting/Service Contract Act (SCA) Experience preferred
· Employer paid Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and AD&D Insurance
· Employer paid Long-term and short-term disability insurance
· Paid time off
· Paid Holidays
· 401K Plan
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
ThyssenKrupp Elevator Corporation
Cushman & Wakefield
XPO Logistics, Inc.