A direct hire Industrial Engineer job in Warren, OH is available through Belcan. To be considered for this role you will need a BS in Engineering and minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience. The incumbent performs studies and labor/machine efficiency studies on various operations, procedures and job functions. The incumbent provides input on various projects throughout the facility and is involved with detailing projects concerned with quality, production, equipment, equipment layout, job classification/descriptions with an overall aim of reducing costs and improving productivity. The incumbent is responsible for environmental and ISO 14001 programs.
1. Performs time studies as needed; evaluates man/machine charts, labor/efficiency levels, and performance standards established or requested by management
2. Utilizes AutoCAD to layout equipment, processes material movement throughout the facility; uses input from supervision and management to detail and finalize plans that are beneficial to the organization
3. Participates in projects related to new equipment, machine optimization and labor utilization, with the main focus concentrated on efficiency improvements and productivity
4. Responsible for environmental programs, procedures, training, regulation compliance and the ISO 14001 program; responsible for maintaining, monitoring, correcting and making any improvements to all current programs; evaluates changes in environmental regulations in order to understand impacts on OSF and updates these programs as needed
5. Maintains and understands current and future OSHA regulation, providing support and input to the safety committee; participates in audits, investigations and incidents related to safety, concerning environmental and equipment malfunctions; employee training to assure compliance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Proficient in time and motion study, work flow analysis and basic ergonomics
2. Good knowledge of OSHA regulations
3. Proficient in organizational skills and attention to detail, ability to multi-task; possesses analytical skills and confidentiality.
4. Works productively and is able to work independently to solve problems
5. Demonstrates good judgment and decision-making
6. Possesses good verbal and written communication skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor"s Degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Business Management
2. Five plus years experience in a manufacturing operations environment
3. 40-hour training course in OSHA programs a plus
4. General training courses on state and federal regulations related to water, ground and waste a plus
If you are interested in this Industrial Engineer job in Warren, OH please apply via the apply now link provided.