Posted in Engineering 18 days ago.
Location: Richland, Washington
Location: Richland, WA
Title: Software Engineer
Schedule (FT/PT): FT
Travel Required: No
North Wind Solutions is a Government contracting small business with operations at military and civilian installations across the United States. The company's focus is facilities operation and maintenance, waste management and radiological services, security control and force protection, and environmental services.
This position will provide software engineering support to create, develop, operate and maintain various software programs at the Hanford site. Support also includes the assessment, maintenance, documentation, modernization, testing, and implementation functions.
The Software Engineer will assist clients with IT management of various project controls applications including but not limited to Primavera P6, Deltek Acumen, Deltek Cobra, and Empower.
* Work directly with customers (system owners and users) on requirements analysis, system specifications and proposed solutions
* Deploy, maintain, and manage site-wide Primavera infrastructure
* Support software or database upgrades
* Problem solve technical software, database, or performance issues
* Coordinate with Oracle / SQL database administration on upgrades, problem solving, etc.
* Act as liaison with external vendors for hardware/software support
* Coordinate with vendors as needed on software issues, submission of tickets, etc.
* Prepare technical documentation
* Communicate effectively with good written and communication skills
The Software Engineer will work with other project software engineers, interface with the project managers, and meet with customer subject experts.
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science/IT/related field OR a minimum of 5 years' equivalent experience in computer application development OR a combination of education and work experience (2 years of work experience is considered equivalent to 1 year of formal education)
* A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a multi-platform environment including, but not limited to application development or database development
* A minimum of 2 years' experience with Oracle and SQL database infrastructure
* Ability to work in a multi-task, multi-project development environment.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to work in a team-oriented collaborative environment
* Strong customer relationship skills.
* Highly self-motivated and self-directed
* Ability to occasionally work during non-standard business hours.
* 3-5 years' recent technical IT experience with Primavera P6, Deltek Acumen, Deltek Cobra, or Empower
* 3-5 years' recent experience with Project Controls and Financial system applications
North Wind offers a competitive pay and benefits package to include health, life, and disability insurance benefits, 401(k) with company match, generous paid leave and tuition reimbursement for eligible employees. As a company, we are committed to employee wellness, professional development, and work-life balance. We value safety, reliability, and commitment to our people! For more information about our benefits or hiring philosophy, visit the North Wind Career Opportunities Page.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The nature of those accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact our Helpline +1.208.528.8718 or use the Request for Reasonable Accommodation form to get assistance.
North Wind is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion, or other legally protected status. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Proof of citizenship will be required as a condition of employment.