No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 100584 - Richmond, Indiana, United States
Do you want to come to work with a smile and leave with one as well? In between those smiles, your day is comprised of connecting with others across the world, full of stimulating discussions, and making impactful contributions.
If this is how you see your career, Colgate is the place to be! Our trustworthy household brands, dedicated employees, and sustainability commitments make us a company passionate about building a future to smile about for our employees, consumers, and surrounding communities. As the brand with the highest household presence in the world, we go beyond physical boundaries. We win as a global organization by continually learning and collaborating. The pride in our brand fuels a workplace that encourages creative thinking, fosters experimentation, and promotes authenticity which has contributed to our enduring success. If you are passionate about working for a company that lives by their values, then give your career a reason to smile...every single day.
The Plant Planner position is responsible for developing the daily production schedules in alignment with Customer Service and Operational requirements. In addition, the Plant Planner maintains vendor relations and leads the supply/availability of raw and packaging materials to support the production schedules.
▪ Develops weekly/daily/monthly production schedules from the Master Schedule working through team. Develop capacity strategy for the site.
▪ Manage and coordinate manufacturing needs to ensure that the plant is adhering to production schedules while minimizing labor cost and meeting cycle-time inventory (CTI) goals.
▪ Review demand from SAP/APO to develop a production schedule to meet customer demands where appropriate; logistics and capacity constraints and Operations/Making parameters. Ensure that the plan will deliver Customer Service while balancing Plant Performance.
▪ Lead all aspects of inventory of finished goods, and oversee ordering raw and packaging materials to support production requirements, service needs and working capital objectives. Manage finished good inventory not released by Quality and coordinate operational activities required for release.
▪ Manage raw and packaging materials coverage in order to maintain inventory levels.
▪ Ensures data integrity of SAP/APO to include demand, inventory levels, BOMs, and material masters. Ensure that the plant is adhering to the Planning FP&R Standard.
▪ Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, R&D and Supply Chain in order to plan for changes and new development in the workplace.
▪ Maintain open lines of communication with key vendors and sharing information relevant to changes in the business to continue the development of the partnership.
▪ Ability to conduct/facilitate weekly scheduling and monthly capacity meetings.
▪ Timely reporting of key performance indicators (KPIs) to include schedule adherence, case fill, and inventory returns.
▪ Participate on the Vendor Continuous Improvement Teams representing the Supply Chain Team.
▪ Support plant initiatives through involvement of activities/functions outside of Materials Planning.
▪ Planning and organization skills.
▪ Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills.
▪ Ability to communicate and express ideas with other team members.
▪ Ability to demonstrate leadership, technical, and analytical competencies.
▪ SAP R3 system experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.