Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Location: Topeka, Kansas
No Relocation Assistance Offered
# 102103 - Topeka, Kansas, United States
Hill's Pet Nutrition invites you to apply for a Quality Systems Coordinator position based in our Topeka, KS location.
Curious to know what this opportunity is about? Come and have a look!
The role of Quality Systems Coordinator is to execute strategies and objectives to ensure the achievement of the Quality Department's goals. Specifically, the role will assist in coordinating daily operational functions in the areas of food safety and quality by focusing on follow through action closures. This role will require a focus on continuous improvement processes and implementation of best practices to ensure that the needs of the customer and the consumer are achieved on an ongoing basis.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
* Coordinate SAP Nonconformance monitoring system (SAP notification creation, assignment, and forward actions plans).
* Assist in identifying quality gaps which need correction or improvement for key Quality systems including Product Conformance, Raw Material & Product Traceability, Receiving, Storage, & Handling, Non-Conformance SAP system, and Internal / External Audits.
* Conducts daily disposition and product release against the quality standards. The role also tracks and monitors the product hold process.
* Performs daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliation of site quarantine area for all quality / food safety holds of finished product / raw material. Includes on-site inspection of storage trailers, maintaining reconciliation documentation and files, and possible inspection and verification of destruction of material at Hill's site or when performed at 3rd party location.
* Generate as directed metrics for Quality KPIs for site to track plant performance such as: product holds, customer complaints, non-conformances, analytical conformance raw material / finished product.
* Maintains proficiency in SAP for consumption transaction maintaining traceability of raw material, and packaging material at the facility and to distribution system as allowed.
* Perform tasks required during a real or simulated (mock recall) product recall. This includes but not limited to SAP functions, paperwork retrieval, communication with corporate, and the distribution centers.
* Establishes a cross-functional partnership with other departments and functional areas to provide support
* Understands and is accountable for full compliance with safety and other EOHS requirements
Education/ Experience Requirements
Basic qualifications include:
* Bachelor's degree
* Knowledge of GMP's
* Technical writing proficiency, excellent written and oral communication skills
* Working knowledge of business process systems such as: Microsoft or Google
* Ability to support on all shifts, including nights and weekends as needed
Preferred qualifications include:
* Bachelor's degree in Technical areas of: Food Science,, Engineering, Chemistry, Biology or Microbiology
* 1+ years of quality department work experience in a food manufacturing environment.
* Previous auditing experience working with American Institute of Baking (AIB), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), & Safe Quality Food (SQF)
* FSPCA Preventative Controls for Animal Food Certification (PCQI), knowledge of HACCP & SPC
* Previous SAP experience
Encouraged Areas of Skills
* Sophisticated computer application experience in SAP, OPERA, Microsoft Word / Excel / PowerPoint, & MES, Google business processes
* In-depth knowledge of cGMPs, Quality Standards, FSMA Preventative Controls, HACCP, & SQF
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to develop and express ideas
* Documentation skills
We are a results oriented company with a caring culture and work life balance. Apply with us! Come and join our outstanding team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Colgate is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, marital status, veteran status (United States positions), or any other characteristic protected by law
Are you interested in working for Hill's Pet Nutrition? You can apply online and attach all relevant documents such as a cover letter and resume or CV. Applications received by e-mail are not considered in the selection process. Become part of our team. We look forward to your application.
Work that matters, fueled by passion for pets! At Hill's we have a purpose. Every day around the world, we transform the lives of millions of pet families through pioneering innovation, amazing nutrition, and the best and brightest people. Founded more than 75 years ago with an unwavering commitment to pet nutrition, Hills' mission is to help enrich and lengthen the special relationships between people and their pets.
HILL'S® Prescription Diet® therapeutic pet foods, HILL'S® Science Diet® and HILL'S® Ideal Balance™ wellness pet foods are sold worldwide. Hill's is a division of Colgate-Palmolive, a leading global consumer products company, tightly focused on Oral Care, Personal Care, Home Care and Pet Nutrition, with sales of products in more than 200 countries. To learn more about Hill's and Colgate, please visit http://www.hillspet.com and http://www.colgatepalmolive.com, or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
Reasonable accommodation during the application process is available for persons with disabilities. Please contact Application_Accommodation@colpal.com with the subject "Accommodation Request" should you require accommodation.