Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Location: Seattle, Washington
Universal Cells is focused on the development and commercialization of stem cell and regenerative medicine therapies. We conduct clinical-grade gene editing of stem cells and have a major effort in R&D. We design and produce stem cells that avoid rejection, and we engineer cells with improved therapeutic properties, all through our world-class gene editing platform.
Our goal is to provide cells for regenerative medicine applications that can treat all patients. Through internal R&D and our corporate partnerships, we are pursuing a diverse range of disease indications, including blindness, cancer, vascular insufficiency, and autoimmune diseases.
Universal Cells (UCI) is announcing a Scientist I, Core Technologies, Analytics opportunity at their facility in Seattle, WA.
The primary purpose of the Scientist I, Analytics for our Core Technologies Department is to contribute to the further molecular engineering of our gene edited Universal Donor Cells. This scientist will play a key role in the development of molecular and cellular assays to characterize our proprietary Universal Donor Cells.
Universal Cells is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Astellas Pharma. Astellas is an R&D-driven global pharmaceutical company whose philosophy is to contribute to the improvement of people's health around the world through the provision of innovative and reliable pharmaceutical products.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Develops and routinely executes standard analytical assays including genotyping PCR/qPCR and flow cytometry.
* Performs standard molecular biology techniques including primer design, molecular cloning, and Sanger sequencing.
* Compiles and analyzes data in a timely manner.
* Summarizes and presents data frequently, in both oral and written formats.
* Performs all duties with a high degree of scientific rigor, including experimental design, data analysis, and data interpretation.
* Prepares technical reports, summaries, and presentations. Regularly present findings at group meetings.
* Performs other duties as assigned or special projects as needed
* A Ph.D. in a scientific discipline with 0-3+ years of relevant post-graduate experience, or a MS with 7+ years, or a BS with 10+ years of highly relevant experience
* Extensive PCR experience designing Taqman probes and multiplexed assays.
* Ability to troubleshoot, problem solve, and think on your feet.
* Experience with aseptic technique and mammalian cell culture
* Strong organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills with scientific attention to detail
* Ability to work independently and ability to effectively collaborate with other teams
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Excellent work planning, organization and record keeping
* Strong work ethic with a passion for working in a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse work environment
* Weekend work will be required on an as needed basis
* Experience writing and revising technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
* Experience designing/running/optimizing flow cytometry assays
* Experience with Southern blots and viral vector packaging
* Experience with Next Generation sequencing assays
* Experience building and managing databases
* Experience mentoring and training junior researchers
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled