Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Must possess the ability to work independently, under general supervision, while executing protocols involved in the characterization of immune response following challenge with various antigenic stimuli. This will include flow cytometric analysis of immune response to infectious organisms, examination antibody responses via ELISA and characterization of antigen specific responses using a variety of techniques. This individual will need to be able to investigate and implement new techniques as needed. This individual will also need to possess the ability to calculate, transcribe, and analyze data using statistical techniques. May be responsible for orienting and training new staff.
1. Possess the ability to work independently developing and implementing protocols designed to grow a wide variety of microbes for the purpose of microarray expansion and development.
2. Use of flow cytometry to characterize changes in immune function following exposure to various antigenic stimuli.
3. Performs literature searches and helps to prepare presentations and written articles for publication.
4. In collaboration with PI or Research Manager, establishes new and modifies existing research techniques.
5. Coordinates schedule of tests and procedures.
6. Coordinates lab activities such as infection control, radiation safety, and bio-safety activities.
7. Assists in the orientation and training of new staff.
8. All other duties as assigned.
BS in biological/physical science required.
Must have at least one year experience in a directly related research setting.
• Sound analytical and organizational skills
• High degree of computer literacy.
• Requires good oral and written communication skills
• Must be able to logically and effectively structure tasks and set priorities.
• Ability to identify potential problems and trouble-shoot solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to analyze data statistically and to logically present it.
Brigham and Women's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.