Arcosa Wind Towers is looking for a Heavy Assembler to join our team in Tulsa, OK.
Safety Sensitive: Yes
What you'll do:
- Assemble mechanical units, fabricate parts/components, sub-assemblies, assemble or complete units using hand tools, power tools, jigs, fixtures and miscellaneous equipment.
- Fit, align, calibrate and adjust parts and mechanisms to meet tolerances and product operating requirements
- Repair units or products that have failed to meet requirements.
- Attach components to finished product as specified.
- Lay out reference points, positions, aligns, and fits together fabricated parts according to blueprint and layout specifications.
- Identify parts that need repair and perform repairs as necessary.
- Follows safety rules and practices.
What you'll need:
- Ability to read blueprints and layout specifications or the ability to learn within 6 months
- Ability to be able to operate mobile equipment or the ability to learn to operate mobile equipment within 6 months
- Ability to identify and match up sub-assembly to final product or be able to identify and match up sub-assembly to final product within 6 months
- Ability to utilize hand tools apply appropriate torque sequence and values or the ability to learn within 6 months
- Ability to work as a team, demonstrate high ethical standards, treat all coworkers with dignity and respect and support a positive working culture
- Full time hourly position
- Work environment includes plant, warehouse, production and non-production areas and plant grounds which operate multiple shifts and frequent weekend shifts
- This position requires work/maintenance coverage beyond the normal hours, shift, and on weekends/holidays
- Ability to tolerate both high and low temperatures, loud noises typical of a manufacturing plant.