Posted in General Business 13 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New York, New York
The Valuation Control Group (VCG) provides independent verification of the initial Front Office estimates of fair value and the framework for various adjustments to ensure that the Firm's final estimate of fair value comply with US GAAP. The group sets policy for reserves and pricing methodologies through interaction with Front Office and other stakeholders such as Model Risk Governance & Review, Market/Credit Risk, Product Control and Corporate Accounting Policy.
The candidate will be part of a team with valuation responsibilities focused on the Home Lending/CCB business but also spans multiple businesses across the Firm. They will have exposure to many financial products that the Firm provides to its clients with primary emphasis on mortgage servicing rights (MSR), residential mortgage loans and wholesale corporate loans.
Responsibilities will include:
• Executing a price verification/benchmark process utilizing market data, internal assumptions or other financial modeling techniques
• Developing and monitoring market relevant indicators to assist in calibrating pricing parameters
• Partnering with clients on the trading desk, and colleagues in the valuation group in executing projects and monthly/quarterly valuations
• Working with various stakeholders including trading, controllership, finance, risk and model review to continually monitor the various valuation risks of the business and implement appropriate adjustments
• Contributing to the ongoing efforts around the development of efficiencies and innovations to enhance existing processes and control frameworks
• Leading projects to strengthen VCG's controls agenda
Profile and Qualifications:
• At least 2-3 years of experience in the financial sector. Knowledge in mortgage or other consumer loans, mortgage or asset -backed securities, or credit derivatives/CDS a plus.
• A proactive and independent thinker with a strong commitment to learn and to challenge the status quo
• Ability to understand and explain complex products / concepts
• Ability to work in pressure oriented environment with tight recurring deadlines (mid-month, month end, quarter end, year end, regulatory, audit)
• Strong verbal and written communications skills.
• Analytical and quantitative aptitude; data analysis a plus
• Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills. Experience with Visual Basic, automation and database skills a plus
• Ability to prioritize multiple tasks efficiently
• Teamwork oriented, ability to work across management hierarchy
• Eagerness to learn new skills and develop knowledge within the valuation spaceJPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans