Cancer Treatment Centers of America® (CTCA®) takes a unique and integrative approach to cancer care. Our patient-centered care model is founded on a commitment to personalized medicine, tailoring a combination of treatments to the needs of each individual patient. At the same time, we support patients' quality of life by offering therapies designed to help them manage the side effects of treatment, addressing their physical, spiritual and emotional needs, so they are better able to stay on their treatment regimens and get back to life. At the core of our whole-person approach is what we call the Mother Standard® of care, so named because it requires that we treat our patients, and one another, like we would want our loved ones to be treated. This innovative approach has earned our hospitals a Best Place to Work distinction and numerous accreditations. Each of us has a stake in the successful outcomes of every patient we treat.
Hours: 4/10 hour shifts. 7-5pm with varying days and rotating holidays and weekends.
Responsible and accountable for coordinating nursing care for optimum patient outcomes.
Plans, directs, and evaluates overall nursing care in the inpatient unit. Coordinates the activities in the department and makes staffing assignments. Monitors and educates the nursing staff. Responds to emergency situations, as necessary. Accountable for practicing within the defined scope of practice for the Registered Nurse, Commits to providing safe, quality nursing care.
* Current state Registered Nurse licensure required.
* BSN required or enrolled in a BSN program within 6 months of hire and BSN completed within 3 years from hire
* Current CPR
* ACLS Certification
* Three to five years nursing experience preferred
* Minimum of one year of RN charge management experience in the last three years in acute health care setting preferred.
* Completion of ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy class preferred.
* Experience with oncology, intensive or emergency care and medical /surgical care desired.
* Strong organizational skills to coordinate patient care, staffing matrix, patient assignment and emergency situations.
* Good verbal and interpersonal skills to support customer relations and communicate with other health care providers, employees, and the public.
* Ability to perform as administrative designee.
* Strong critical thinking skills for optimal staffing and patient outcomes.
We win together
Each CTCA employee is a Stakeholder, driven to make a true difference and help win the fight against cancer. Each day is a challenge, but this unique experience comes with rewards that you may never have thought possible. To ensure each team member brings his or her best self, we offer exceptional support and immersive training to encourage your personal and professional growth. If you're ready to be part of something bigger and work with a passionate, dynamic group of care professionals, we invite you to join us.
Visit: Jobs.cancercenter.com to begin your journey.