Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Trauma department. Submit your application today!
Our Trauma teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
PORTSMOUTH REGIONAL is A 209-BED ACUTE CARE hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation's largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region's residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area's largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only LEVEL II TRAUMA CENTER on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
The Trauma Program Director provides facilitation and direction for a multidisciplinary trauma service with primary focus on developing/implementing and monitoring systems to enhance care of the trauma patient. Serves as a resource for inter-intra disciplinary team members and patient families that participate in the care of trauma patients. This individual works in close collaboration with the Trauma Medical Director to promote the goals of the Trauma Program, to qualify all care issues and system issues regarding the program development, and to optimize patient care across the age and injury spectrum. Program development, both at the hospital, local and within state/national systems are key elements to the success of this role. This individual is responsible for oversight/direction of trauma related activities, and initiates changes internally and external that will promote optimal trauma care. This person performs all functions necessary to act as an agent to the Trauma Medical Director and Administration, to ensure compliance with all hospital, local, state and American College of Surgeons requirements. This position maintains responsibility/accountability for 24-hour day management.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
* Works closely with COO on strategy and execution of projects
* Educates staff, physicians, and ancillary services regarding hospital, divisional and unit specific policies, procedures and standards.
* Collaborate and maintain liaison role to assure cooperation with police, state attorney, medical examiner's office regarding criminal investigations/evidentiary requirements.
* Collaborates with the medical staff and other personnel representatives of allied groups in the planning and coordinating of the delivery of health care services to patients, such as case management and critical care paths.
* Troubleshoot/problem solves systems' problems related to rescue/trauma center communication and transportation systems.
* Provide consultative services to health care providers, administrators, and health care consumers regarding trauma care/services.
* Maintain current knowledge regarding disaster/hurricane preparedness/emergency management.
* Educate staff, physicians, ancillary services regarding disaster/hurricane preparedness and procedures.
* Collaborate with Trauma Registry personnel to assure validity of Trauma Registry data.
* Monitor and evaluate the continuum of trauma care from the point of EMS entry to rehabilitation and discharge.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. Come unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
3-7 years experience required
Bachelor's Degree required
NH Registered Nurse License or valid compact state RN license required
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org