Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Springfield, Illinois
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Workday Advisor is a member of the Strategic Advisory Services team and plays a critical role on Workday pre-sales and engagements from the initial contact with the customer to strategic alignment and through deployment, ensuring desired business outcomes are achieved. The Workday Advisor is a seasoned implementation consultant responsible for maintaining solid customer relationships, facilitating workshops to gain an understanding of our client's current technology landscape/pain points, mapping out a future state that includes best practices process design and technology architecture and finally the implementation of Workday HCM or Financials.
AS A WORKDAY ADVISOR STRATEGIC ADVISORY SERVICES, A TYPICAL DAY TO INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
The Workday Advisor encourages customers transformation and adopt a Why not Workday approach, focusing on business outcomes, strategic thinking, and the overall worker experience.
* Work with customers to align strategic vision, goals and objectives with key decisions regarding Workday
* Command a strong understanding of Workday s technology to deliver compelling and relevant messages around Workday s unique and differentiated value and provide deep subject-matter expertise
* Conduct pre-deployment readiness gap assessment towards future HR/FINS cloud solutions, including Workday, targeting critical next steps for the client.
* Drive engaging discovery interviews with stakeholders to identify business challenges, uncover pain points and understand critical business processes within client s organization
* Lead cross-functional workshops of 10 to 50 people (including executive-level teams) for process analysis and discovery
* Lead or assist clients with assessment of technology readiness and plan successful deployment
* Help customers identify key data gaps, both functional and technical, to address to ensure a more successful implementation, applying business/industry knowledge to identify areas for business change and translate requirements to the Alight and customer project team
* Lead Workday optimization assessments to ensure that customers continue to get the maximum value from their Workday investments after initial deployment
* Provide conceptual framework for benchmarking, metrics, and operational performance post go-live
* Develop and maintains offerings, methodologies, tools, and templates to support strategic and implementation engagements from insights gained in prior experiences, collaborating with delivery teams, and Workday best practice.
* Manage and deliver components of customer engagements that include analysis of current-state technology and functional design, future-state business process, prototyping, testing, deployment and optimization of Workday HCM/FINS
* Business Development work collaboratively with internal sales teams as well as external sales teams such as Workday to understand the needs of the client and develop proposals, respond to RFP s, assist in writing SOW s. Play a critical role on pre-sales engagement, supporting and/or leading proposal development and sales pursuits.
* Establish good working relationships and collaborate with colleagues across the organization to provide high quality solutions for our clients
* Contribute to the development and implementation of new products and services to support the successful rollout of Workday
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERTISE OF:
* Demonstrated ability in client relationship management
* Strong consultative capabilities; ability to interact at all levels of the client organization
* Strong expertise and Workday services certification, where applicable, in at least two of the following areas is required:
Workday Human Capital Management: Compensation, Recruiting, Learning, Talent Management, Payroll, Benefits, Absence Management, Time Tracking
Workday Financials: Banking & Settlement, Budgets, Business Assets, Customer Accounts, Financial Accounting, Financial Data Model, Procurement, Projects, Supplier Accounts * Reporting and Analytics
* System Implementation, Change Enablement, User Adoption, Service Delivery
* 7 to 10 years of technology advisory and ERP consulting, preferably supporting HR services and/or enterprise technology initiatives such as Workday/SaaS systems
* 5 plus years of relevant HR transformation consulting or industry experience
* Track record of advising clients on technology strategy and planning, with a fluency in current and future state; gap analysis, impact analysis, readiness assessment, and develop technology road map
* Strong knowledge in improving operating effectiveness through technology and platform deployment
* Ability to communicate technology deployments clearly and succinctly
* Excellent project management and communication (i.e., presentation and facilitation) skills
* Superior knowledge of HR function, processes and best practices
* Working knowledge of Workday, Oracle, SAP or other HR/Finance tools would be a distinct advantage
* Some consulting-based sales experience
* Workday experience required
* Workday certification(s) will be given preference
As a client-facing role, travel will be necessary. Flexibility is required and time away from home may average 25%.
Bachelor s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Communications or relevant field of study
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law. In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her