Posted in Architecture 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Memphis, Tennessee
Who is Georgia-Pacific?Watch to find out!
Georgia-Pacific has an exciting opportunity for a talented Process Control Engineer at our Memphis Cellulose facility! Located near downtown Memphis, TN, our facility is a cotton linter pulp manufacturing plant and is celebrating 100 years of operation in 2019! The facility employs approximately 140 employees and our products include chemical cellulose, custom fibers, and paper grade materials that are used in products such as LCD displays, coatings, pharmaceuticals, currency, and filtration.
This position supports both DCS and PLC systems throughout the mill and will be responsible for working with others in all areas of the mill to maintain, troubleshoot and optimize the mill’s control systems. Effective communication skills within all levels of the organization will be essential for the Process Control Engineer. This position reports to the site Process Control Leader.
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Advance our Market Based Management (MBM®) culture to successfully advance business priorities
- Work closely with design engineers, process engineers, and maintenance technicians to resolve control system issues and make control system changes to improve reliability and efficiency
- Analyze data and present findings in written reports
- Test and validate new process control software and hardware
- Communicate with clients, suppliers, contractors and relevant authorities
- Develop new project proposals; manage assigned projects within cost and time constrained environments
- Understand and ensure compliance with relevant health and safety regulations and quality standards
- Provide advice and technical support to operations
- Purchase equipment as needed
What You Will Need?
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or applied science discipline
- 2+ years experience in an automation or process engineering role within the chemicals or pulp and paper industry
- Proficient in reading Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Working experience in basic electrical circuit diagrams and instrumentation loop sheets
- Working experience in process control loop tuning for DCS and/or PLC PID controllers
- PLC or DCS programming/configuration experience (preferably in Allen Bradley PLCs, Modicon PLCs, and/or Honeywell DCS systems)
What Will Put You Ahead?
- 5+ years experience in an automation or process engineering role within the chemicals or pulp and paper industry
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf