Posted in Art 6 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Belleville, Illinois
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The incumbent will provide sports officiating, instruction, supervision, and support for members, participants and guardians of the YMCA sports programs. Incumbent will work together with coaches, staff and other officials to assure that the sports program operates efficiently.
1. Monitor team sports at the YMCA or off-site locations.
2. Teach the knowledge of the game to youth and adults.
3. Assume responsibility for interpreting the rules, policies and traditions of the game to the sport participants
4. Be a team player that can relate positively to all staff, volunteers and participants
5. Be able to observe participant and fan behavior and respond verbally to health and safety concerns and to deal appropriately with any improper behavior.
6. Organize and manage sport set up, clean up and participate in activities necessary to deliver a quality sports experience.
7. Adjust and operate all sports equipment as applicable including but not limited to baskets, goals, scoreboards, sound systems and any other operation that will contribute to the success of the sports game and league.
8. Contributes to a superior work culture through participation in training and staff meetings to develop leadership, management and technical skills related to sports.
9. Stay current with applicable sport rules and regulations.
10. Show enthusiasm about officiating and teaching the knowledge of the game.
11. Must be able to move into correct position to see plays on the playing field or court.
12. Perform all other duties assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V