Posted in Restaurant - Food Service 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Bee Cave, Texas
Job Description SummaryJob Summary:
To prepare and serve a quality food product in a proficient and timely manner.
• Assumes the general responsibilities and specific duties of cook in charge in his/her absence.
• Responsible for quality and quality control of all food items according to approved standardized recipes and the Sonesta Hotel specifications.
• Responsible for cooperation and coordination with other cooks to ensure smooth service.
• Must be able to judge proper quantity and quality of food preparation.
• To assist in restaurant preparation as per instruction by Chef-in-charge.
• To be able to maintain station in a clean and orderly fashion.
• To prepare standard items in advance as part of routine job.
• Comply with all hotel and departmental safety and loss control procedures.
• Adheres to dress code, grooming and hygiene standards.
• Reports all safety hazards to the supervisors including accidents and potential safety hazards immediately to the Security Department.
• Attends all mandatory department, hotel or training meetings.
• Observe and enforce all objective policies, standards and procedures set forth by the Executive Chef.
• To perform any other tasks as assigned by Management
Special Qualifications, Education or Licenses:
• Knowledge of all cooking methods and procedures necessary to direct proper production.
• Administration, communication, scheduling, delegating, training, sanitation and safety skills
• Directs staff to produce all requested food items. Creates specialty seasonal and trendy menus.
• A degree from a certified food services program, culinary school, apprenticeship or the equivalent.
• Five (5) years of food service experience according to the needs of the operation.
Additional Job Description
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping ensure the health and financial security of employees and their families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees including:
Upon submitting your application, please ensure you complete a full application in addition to attaching a resume. Incomplete applications received will not be considered.