Posted in Insurance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Whitehouse Station, New Jersey
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Technical Assistant will provide service and support to the Surety Underwriting team with the main focus of the job related to processing and related functions that contribute to Surety’s business success.
· Prepare and execute and/or arrange for the execution of bid bonds, final bonds, riders, consents, releases, cancellations, etc. for any and all Chubb Surety customers in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with department standards.
· Process all Surety data into the corporate booking system(s) including new lines, premium adjustments, cancellations, status inquiries, contract bond close outs, all bond changes, etc., in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with department standards.
· Ensure that all new lines are reviewed within a timeframe that is in accordance with department and/or branch standards.
· Ensure proper rating and coding of bonds and accuracy of data and ROE’s, making corrections where necessary.
· Check renewal bills for accuracy; initiate requests for additional information and bring unusual issues to Supervisor for review.
· Resolve bookkeeping problems as they arise.
· Manage shared emailbox according to department procedure to ensure timely handling and processing of all items.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Excellent time management skills and the ability to work in a multi-task environment.
· Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
· Ability to exercise judgment, decision making and initiative.
· Ability to respond in a deadline oriented environment.
· High degree of comfort in working with numbers.
· Attention to detail, neatness and accuracy.
· Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
· Ability to work and function well within a team environment.
· Effective communication and customer service skills.
· Excellent PC skills required: MS Excel and Word.