Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Fresno, California
Requisition ID # 18317
Job Category : Environmental Management / Safety
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Business Unit: General Counsel
Job Location : Fresno
Based in San Francisco, Pacific Gas and Electric Company, a subsidiary of PG&E Corporation (NYSE:PCG), is one of the largest combined natural gas and electric utilities in the United States.And we deliver some of the nation's cleanest energy to our customers in Northern and Central California. For PG&E, TOGETHER, BUILDING A BETTER CALIFORNIA is not just a slogan.It's the very core of our mission and the scale by which we measure our success. We know that the nearly 16 million people who do business with our company count on our more than 24,000 employees for far more than the delivery of utility services.They, along with every citizen of the state we call home, also expect PG&E to help improve their quality of life, the economic vitality of their communities, and the prospect for a better future fueled by clean, safe, reliable and affordable energy.
Pacific Gas and Electric Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer that actively pursues and hires a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability status, medical condition, protected veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic informationor any other factor that is not related to the job.
Land and Environmental is focused on protecting and managing PG&E s land rights and rights-of-way (ROW), environmental permitting, and compliance by engaging our employees to better understand our clients' businesses and provide superior customer service. Aligning our operations and team with the client organizations we support with: planning, execution and overall service delivery.
The Land and Environmental Management, Wildfire Rapid Review team is responsible for providing land and environmental support to the Company s approximate 140,000 miles of electric distribution lines, with a specific focus on the approximate 25,000 miles identified as within extreme and elevated wildfire risk areas. We establish goals related to safety, customer service, affordability, land management and environmental compliance that require a collaborative, cross-functional effort of employees across the company. Together, we will become the leading corporate services organization and the leading utility in U.S.
The Environmental Field Specialist (EFS) is responsible for preparing and communicating line of business environmental compliance data. The EFS is also responsible for maintaining and updating the Company's Environmental Management System database regarding completed inspections, deficiencies, emergency response incidents, and corrective action plans as well as future timelines for inspections and requirements for Company compliance.
The Journey EFS can contribute in developing company procedures, guidance, specifications and guidelines and will maintain a role in environmental regulatory agency communications and negotiations. Effectively define and manage large or complex projects or tasks and adequately addresses resources when planning work scopes. Perform assignments of broad scope and high complexity, with few precedents or standards established, and which require integration of information from a variety of sources. Routinely apply extensive knowledge of technical principles, practices and regulatory requirements within one or more areas of expertise to resolve complex problems.
This position is located in Fresno, CA. You must be able to travel at least 70% to other facilities and project sites within PG&E s service territory.
- Environmental Compliance Oversight Services: Provide guidance for Shared Facilities Bargaining Unit employees on preparing labels, managing hazardous waste accumulation areas, performing weekly inspections and managing hazardous materials. Assist clients with transportation of wastes under variances. Prepare and sign manifests. Schedule non-milkrun waste pickups. Contractor oversight on small to large projects to ensure that environmental laws under Air, Water, and Hazardous Materials/Waste disciplines are being followed. Assist clients with implementing waste minimization measures. Organize and provide oversight of all company environmental facility records including the monitoring and preparation of air and water emission reports. Approve payment of invoices for: Environmental compliance obligations performed by contractors, facility permits, and agency interaction.
- Environmental Training Services: To include, General Awareness, PCB, Hazardous Materials Transportation, Spill Response, Habitat and Species Protection, and other client requested or assessment driven environmental training and tailboards. Hazardous Waste Management and Emergency Response training for hazardous waste and emergency coordinators. Provide additional training services as requested by clients in all aspects of environmental compliance. Assisting development of training and training support materials. Management of training records. Utilize appropriate and effective presentation skills during training sessions or at group meetings
- Reporting and Emergency Response: Prepare environmental reports on compliance activities, self-audits, external inspections, and environmental emergencies. In conjunction with client supervisors assist in the preparation and implementation of Spill Prevention Control & Countermeasure Plans and Hazardous Material Business Plans, assuring accurate and reliable documents are prepared for each facility. Manage environmental permit issues for the area. Participate in \\"On Call\\" emergency response duties for spills in the entire PG&E Territory. Provide primary week-day on call response to any releases in your assigned area of responsibility.
- Consultative Services: Provide clients with professional environmental consulting services. Act as point person for all external agency inspections, resolve all inspection issues, and arrange for payments of all fines and violations. Coordinate closure of all environmental audit findings. Manage
internal environmental audit process for clients. Use independent judgment in applying appropriate principles and techniques in a broad range of situations to arrive at optimum solutions to maintain environmental compliance and safety. Write letters, reports or other submittals regarding small to
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control: Provide routine environmental assessments at facilities. Provide environmental review for projects: Provide regular environmental assessments to each facility assigned. Closure and tracking of assessment data is essential to eliminate repeat occurrences of non-compliance findings. Support all assigned departments involved in environmental compliance activities. Conduct Environmental Reviews of all projects assigned within your area of assignment. Work closely with Project Managers to ensure that Environmental activities are identified, documented, implemented and assessed during the life of the project.
- BS/BA Environmental Sciences, Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, Geology, or equivalent level of experience.
- 4 years of relevant work experience in environmental compliance, state and federal regulations and policies, and environmental management; experience will also include HAZ MAT, habitat management, audits, environmental assessments and guideline development.
- Demonstrated experience as an Environmental Coordinator/Field Specialist/Engineer, Chemist/Chemical Engineer
- Master s degree in environmental studies