Posted in Manufacturing 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Fremont, Nebraska
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
Purpose of Role:
This role is a material handler position that rotates with shift having a reporting responsibility to shift managers. The primary responsibility for this position is to perform all functions associated with the shipping department including but not limited to:
· Loading trucks, live loads and staged loads
· Ability to operate Fork lift – (Expert Level)
· Operation of site yard dog
· Direct ship responsibility including proper disposition of hold product, food safety hold product and released product
· WMS, BOL responsibility / accountability
· Support Warehouse Area Lead with all activities associated with shipping department
1. Accurately record all transactions on the WMS inventory system
2. Communicate with line and logistics operators to ensure materials are replenished in a timely manner
3. Manage FIFO program in regard to materials management
4. Cross training will be required with other Logistic Material Handler positions.
5. This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety.
Mission Critical Competencies
1. Must have excellent communication skills
2. Must have the ability to prioritize workload
3. Must have excellent organizational skills
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
· The ability to lift 60 pounds
· Forklift certified
· Knowledge of inventory computer systems WMS
· Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
· Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety.
· Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
· Forklift certified.
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
· Ability to lift 60 pounds.
· Ability to quickly respond.
· Mechanical troubleshooting ability
· Computer literate with an ability to enter, record, maintain and retrieve information in a computer based data collection system
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.