Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Job Locations US-MI-Ann Arbor
Posted Date 10 hours ago(10/11/2018 8:56 AM)
# of Openings
AHQ (Ann Arbor)
Come work in a dynamic environment in which you ll use your passion, technical experience, and strong problem-solving skills. You will provide quality engineering support to the supply base. Main duties include new supplier vetting through thorough audits with follow up actions, advanced product quality planning (APQP) for new launch activity, PPAP of components for both new and existing components, facilitating root cause corrective actions to resolve supplier rejections from the plant or customer, analysis process, problem identification, verification, documentation, resolution response and data analysis/reporting in accordance with customer specific requirements. In this position, you will work cross-functionally with R&D engineering, manufacturing, quality assurance, project management, and supply chain. You will have the opportunity to assist with continuous improvement of electrical and mechanical solutions from concept to full-rate production within Supplier Quality. Great communication in our fast paced, multidisciplinary environment will be key. This position offers the opportunity to travel abroad to places like Hong Kong, Taiwan, Japan, Mexico, Canada and the USA.
NSK North America Steering Systems Americas (NSSA) Is a tier one automotive supplier supplying both manual and electronic steering columns, steering shafts, and steering racks with tilt and telescopic (rake/ reach) functions.
* To ensure that the quality of purchased components meet or exceed all NSSA/ NSK requirements.
* Perform audits of current and potential suppliers. Report findings and recommendation to management.
* Communicate PPAP requirements to suppliers for new components and engineering changes.
* Review and disposition PPAP submissions. Drive timely closure of open PPAPs.
* Establish quality standards with suppliers for purchased components.
* Facilitate technical reviews with suppliers for all new components.
* Coordinate new component kick-offs with suppliers for purchased components.
* Track status of new part development and PPAP utilizing APQP.
* Verify supplier production processes and production rates for purchased components if required.
* Liaison to suppliers regarding component quality issues during launch phase. Drive timely closure of open quality issues.
* Review and disposition 8D reports from suppliers as required to determine failure mode, potential root cause(s) and appropriate interim and permanent corrective actions.
* Work with suppliers to counter-measure quality problems and encourage continuous improvement.
* Review and disposition supplier inspection reports as required.
* Support Production Plant Supplier Quality as required.
* Coordinate resolution of supplier issues from overseas plants as required.
* Proactively initiate quality activities and efforts with supply base designed to enhance product or system quality (continuous improvement). Prepares and presents quality information to the management team.
* Supports and/or maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
* Establish and enhance corporate quality systems Supplier Quality Assurance Manual, formulate procedures and assist with their implementation throughout the corporation.
* Mentors new or developing co-workers with training and best practices.
* Special projects as required
Bachelor degree in Engineering or related discipline
3 - 5 years manufacturing experience as a MFG Eng./QE/SQE
2 years experience in supplier facing role
Broad knowledge and understanding of Metals, Metal forming and stamping, Casting, Machining, Broaching, Welding, Heat treating, Plastics, Injection molding, Electrical PC boards, Electrical Motors and ECU s, and Coatings
Must be able to analyze defective automotive products to component level for the purpose of determining preliminary root cause in order to drive effective corrective action from the appropriate source through the entire manufacturing process.
Experience with DFMEA/PFMEA, DFM/DFQ/DFA, Control plans, Metrology and gage R&R, Run @ Rate capacity analysis tools etc
Understanding of various lab equipment: analyzers, CMM, Micrometers, Calipers, Optical Comparators and GD&T tools
Ability to read and interpret schematics, drawings, and prints
Strong time management / project management capabilities
Understanding of Six Sigma methodologies
Knowledge of Process Certification/Process Robustness
Knowledge of AIAG PPAP process
Solid analytic and articulation skills
Statistics and process capability analysis
25%-50% travel may be required
* Generous vacation and holidays
* Medical, dental, vision insurance
* Life insurance
* Short-term and long-term disability
* Flexible Spending Account
* Matching 401(k)
* Bonus Plan
* Competitive Salary with Benefits
NSK is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor