Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Richmond, Virginia
Job Code: 00448-43969
Nights (rotating weekends)
The PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN administers patient care and related activities, services and/or procedures to promote the physical and emotional health and personal comfort needs of assigned patients. The Nursing/Patient Care Technician is responsible for the daily hygiene, ambulation, and turning of patients. Assists with the delivery of food trays and assists with patient feeding as needed. The Nursing/Patient Care Technician monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate, utilizing computerized documentation systems. Maintains confidentiality of patient, employee, and department information. The Nursing/Patient Care Technician provides encouragement, support, and comfort to patients and family members. Communicates effectively and professionally with staff, supervisors, ancillary departments, and other customers. The Nursing/Patient Care Technician assists in maintaining a neat and orderly unit, including: equipment, linen, patient rooms, kitchen and utility rooms. The Nursing/Patient Care Technician will perform these functions in accordance with state Nursing Practice Acts and generic/unit structure standards.
* PATIENT RIGHTS - The Nursing / Patient Care Technician will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
* PATIENT SAFETY The Nursing/Patient Care Technician demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Completion of a Nursing Assistant training program or Nursing Fundamentals course - REQUIRED for student nurses
* Certified Nurse s Aide (CNA) - REQUIRED for non-RN students
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (REQUIRED for consideration)
* Previous healthcare experience (preferred)
* Basic computer and medical terminology experience
* Strong communication skills (oral and written)
Last Edited: 09/22/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.