Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dallas, Texas
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
The Human Resources Manager will partner with leaders in the territory and engage with HR colleagues to implement HR plans and support managers and employees within the client areas. The position is based in the Dallas, TX office and provides regular support to the branches and businesses within the Southwest Region. The position will report to the Regional HR Manager in the Southwest Region.
In this position, you will be joining Chubb’s HR team as we refine and implement HR strategies that align with the organization’s business strategy and objectives. You will partner with senior HR leaders and HR colleagues from our Centers of Excellence including Employee Relations, Compensation and Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Talent Development and HR Core Services and Operations. The successful candidate will be a solution-oriented critical thinker is both proactive and responsive, is willing to roll up sleeves and has passion for excellence. The HR Manager must be highly credible, approachable and experienced at providing advice and counsel to both managers and employees. The HR Manager is expected to be a trusted advisor to management and an employee advocate and have the experience and judgment to balance the needs of stakeholders.
· Provides guidance to management on HR related issues and recommends appropriate actions based upon business needs and strategies, always consulting with Regional HR Leader, and consistent with the overall HR and business strategies
· Responsible for implementing HR programs, which include: employment, employee benefits, compensation and pay practices, management and employee training and placement, succession planning, organization and management development and employee relations, and aligning them to the business strategy
· Effectively engage with employees including providing advice and guidance and being an employee advocate where appropriate
· Partner with HR colleagues in the Centers of Excellence to develop and implement programs aligned with HR strategies
· Collaborate with other HR generalists and the senior HR Business partner in support the branch/region or other client areas as assigned.
· 5+ years' experience in an HR generalist, HR management or HR business partner role
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
· Knowledge of functional areas within HR including compensation, benefits, employment, and employee development
· Experience in handling complex employee relations issues
· Must understand and apply Federal, State and local IL employment laws.
· The following attributes are critical for success in the role:
o Collaborative style; positive can-do attitude
o A team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
o Excellent communication skills – a clear and articulate verbal communicator and writer; ability to frame a message
o Excellent stakeholder management skills including ability to engage and keep informed
o A high degree of personal integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
o Ability to manage a high volume workload and willingness to "roll up your sleeves" to complete assignments
o Strong internal and external customer service focus
o The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with a focus on results
o Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
o Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
o Some travel to the Southwest Region branches
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.