COMBS Aircraft Mechanic I (Laughlin AFB, TX) at IAP
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Laughlin AFB, Texas
JPATS Logistics Services, LLC. (JLS), provides Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) under the Contractor Operated and Maintained Base Supply (COMBS) services for the Joint Primary Aircraft Training System (JPATS) T-6A/B/D program ("T-6 Program"). Our company's capabilities combine relevant experience in scope, magnitude, and complexity to accomplish superior CLS services to our customer. JLS offers proven industry best practices to provide the Government the most efficient and cost-effective solution to the JPATS COMBS requirements. JPATS Logistics Services, LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of IAP Worldwide Services, Inc.
Job Location: Laughlin AFB, TX
Job Title: Aircraft Mechanic I
Primary responsibility is to repair machinery or mechanical equipment as well as performing engine buildup. Examines aircraft contractor furnished support equipment (CFSE) to diagnose source of trouble. Dismantling or partly dismantling CFSE and performing repairs that mainly involve the use of hand tools in replacing broken or defective parts; ordering replacement parts through Madison or sending the equipment out for major repairs; perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Inspecting and repairing ground support equipment
- Installing and removing QEC kits on aircraft engines
- Performing engine QEC buildup actions, both assembly and tear
- Determining serviceability of QEC
- Completing all required documentation and tagging requirements of QEC
- Order QEC parts from
- Refer to technical publications to determine specifications to be
- Track and record calibration dates to ensure that support equipment is up to
- Keep files with documentation and certifications of calibrated equipment and ensure that equipment is sent out for calibration in a timely manner
- Ensure that equipment is sent out for calibration when
- Ensure that all equipment is accounted
- Assign I.D. numbers to each piece of
- When turning over equipment to the operating command make certain to have them sign a receipt for all equipment to keep on file in
- Maintain necessary HAZMAT materials to perform duties as
- manufacturer specifications and FAA
- Cleaning of warehouse, shops, offices and restrooms as required.
- Clerical and other assigned duties as required.
Education & Experience:
- GRADUATION FROM A STANDARD FOUR (4) YEAR HIGH SCHOOL OR EQUIVALENT (GED) AND A MINIMUM OF THREE (3) YEARS RECENT AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE EXPERIENCE.
- Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Understanding of scheduling techniques and technical order requirements.
- Ability to accurately troubleshoot and repair complex aircraft engine/support equipment systems.
- Mental and visual ability to read and understand detailed technical publications and instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to deal courteously with the customer.