Senior Accountant at Hyster-Yale Group
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Put a LIFT in Your Career! Hyster-Yale Group, Inc. (HYG), a world-class manufacturer of industrial lift trucks, has an outstanding opportunity for a qualified SENIOR ACCOUNTANT at our global headquarters located in Cleveland, Ohio. HYG designs, engineers, manufactures, sells and services a comprehensive line of lift trucks and aftermarket parts marketed globally under the Hyster and Yale brand names. We are one of the global leaders in the material handling industry and have been building relationships and partnering with our customers, suppliers, dealers and employees for over 80 years.
An HYG SENIOR ACCOUNTANT will help coordinate the closing of the corporate general ledger by organizing the corporate closing calendar, journal entry log, reconciliation and quarterly consolidation financial statement support schedules, etc. This position will be the back-up administrator of the global Concur application. This person will be involved in the consolidation close process and assist to prepare Hyperion reports for the business as needed. This position will also work with financial transactions affecting the SAP financial general ledger system for corporate in accordance with GAAP and company policies and procedures. They will be expected to administer company financial policies and procedures to assure adequate internal control and safeguarding of company assets. They may be involved in preparation of monthly financial statements, quarterly consolidation financial statement support schedules, annual tax schedules, SOX testing and assist with Audits as directed. They may also perform reconciliations of SAP ledger accounts.
* General Ledger Accounting (for multiple entities)
* Review and approve journal entries for the corporate accounting and other ledgers. Validate completeness of the closing processes.
* Financial reports for internal or external use. Audit schedules, quarterly and annual reporting schedules, tax schedules and census reporting.
* Manage key account calculations including accruals and equity accounting. Ad hoc analysis of accounts including assisting with certain budgets/forecasts. Assist in preparing budgets/forecasts.
* Global back-up administer for the Concur system. Work with new implementations, upgrades, processing issues and processing changes. All vendor invoices and expense reports for the corporate area.
* 4-year BS degree, accounting focus. CPA preferred.
* 4-years of relevant work experience required.
Skills and abilities required:
* Intermediate/Advanced level Excel; Word and Outlook. 3-5 years of experience required.
* Business software. 3-4 years of experience required.
* Internal controls. 3-4 years in a Sarbanes-Oxley compliant environment required.
This position deals with some complex accounting issues - equity method accounting, inter-company transactions, and multiple legal entities and must interact with other accountants around the world to effectively resolve issues and establish procedures. The successful candidate works directly with the personnel performing the worldwide consolidations and must understand how the G/L flows into this process. They are expected to be able to accurately classify and report financial transactions and identify the financial treatment of assigned items. They will be asked to provide detailed account analysis and reporting to Management for all assigned items, ensure that appropriate accruals are made in accordance with US GAAP and determine the best method to analyze and / or report a situation, issue or transaction problem and decisions for process streamlining. This position will be an administrative back-up for Concur which will rely upon an understanding of accounting process flows and general ledger accounting in order to properly record financial results.
We are an equal opportunity employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k), profit sharing, tuition reimbursement and work/life resources.
1% - 10%