Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Houston, Texas
Assesses patients' medical and psychiatric needs and provides professional nursing care in response to this assessment. Directs and supervises the delivery of care by other nursing team members (LVNs and Psychiatric Technicians) in an inpatient psychiatric setting.
Position Key Accountabilities:
1. Assesses patient needs, plans and implements patient care activities and evaluates the patients' response to the treatment.
2. Assists patient and families in discharge planning, including instructions concerning medications, safety issues post-discharge, home care, potential problems and appropriate follow-up for additional support needed.
3. Participates in regularly scheduled team conferences and collaborates with the related health care providers in treatment, discharge planning and provisions of care.
4. Functions as the liaison between patients and physicians, other multidisciplinary team members and community agencies/resources.
5. Documents patient care and outcomes per hospital policy and accrediting agencies.
6. Administers medication and other therapeutic interventions, as ordered by the physician.
7. Makes decisions based on experience and training as to whether emergen¬cy situation exists and responds to emergency situations. May administer CPR and/or other first aid measures.
8. Remains abreast of developments in the field of nursing by attending seminars and workshops, communicating with peers and reading pertinent literature.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Current State of Texas Registered Nurse license. CPR certified.
Bachelor's degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school with one year nursing experience; OR Associates degree in nursing from an accredited nursing school with three years nursing experience; OR Nursing Diploma (3 year program) and two years nursing experience; OR will accept ADN with two years experience at HCPC as a Staff Nurse I.
Years of experience varies based on education level.
Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or a negligible amount constantly to move objects.
This job class may contain positions that are security sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of Texas Education Code § 51.215