Sales Manager - General Territory at SAS Institute
Posted in Other 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cary, North Carolina
The Account Executive General Territory will be responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts. Verticals in territory include media, retail, communication and services focused companies.
* Sells software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
* Fulfills wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required.
* Developing and growing Mid-market presence for SAS through new logo acquisition. The individual best suited for the position is tenacious, creative, strong communicator and enjoys success.
* Implements various aspects of territory and account management and development; organizes and engages prospects in territory through effective planning followed by execution.
* Qualifies and advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business.
* Works closely with pre-sales resources and executives to facilitate timely response to qualified, revenue potential opportunities.
* Prepares standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
* Follows up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
* Develops a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
* Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans).
* Performs other duties, as assigned.
* Applies knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
* Recommends appropriate solutions.
* Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
* Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; leverages SAS selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
* Develops action plans to close business for accounts.
* Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for further development and executes them.
* Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of basic sales techniques; knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
* Ability to analyze and evaluate territory dynamics and develop a territory sales plan; ability to communicate technical and business concepts and relate them to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Ability to travel 50% of the time or as business needs require.
* Preferred Locations: Boston, MA and Cary, NC.
* Additional Location: Northeastern United States.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
* Requires a minimum of five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware. Specific industry related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
* 2+ years of field sales experience preferred, but not required.
* Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
* To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
* SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
* The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
* SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations.
* To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment.
* SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs* Follow us on LinkedIn