Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
NOC System Administrator at TiVo fills the mission-critical role of ensuring our complex, worldwide systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and documented. You'll use your background to closely work with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through deployment to include identifying and resolving production issues.
Your primary responsibility will be to manage/maintain 24x7 Infrastructure and application stack. You will proactively monitor and resolve application, system or network incidents affecting services quickly and ensure maximum availability and performance. You will perform these tasks using various standard tools, internal ticketing systems, and monitoring consoles. You will serve as a coordination point for communications between internal and external customers, engineering teams, and other operations teams during events that affect the site. Manage communication of issues affecting site availability or performance to executive management, internal and external customers. The ideal candidate must have strong communication skills and an eye to automate routine tasks and spot long-term trends in a production web environment.
Here's what you'll get to do
* Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of our systems
* Troubleshoot and resolve issues escalated by customers and internal systems
* Provide support when operational problems occur, problem solving, and root cause analysis
* Demonstrate the ability to work independently within a fast paced environment looking for the fix rather than the cause of an issue
* Make technical and process recommendations
* Create, maintain and follow policies that improve TiVo's internal services
* Participate in 24x7 rotations
What you'll need to be successful:
* At least 2-5 years of systems administration in a Linux environment
* Demonstrable analytical and problem solving skills, particularly as it relates to issue diagnosis and resolution
* Demonstrable ability to work independently with minimal day-to-day supervision
* Willing to work day, swing and night shifts
* Understanding of networking/distributed computing
* Preferred experience debugging Apache, Tomcat, and/or Weblogic servers
* Preferred experience with MySQL, Java, Perl, Python (Gentoo), PHP is a plus.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.