Windows Systems Engineer at NTT Data, Inc
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
Title: Windows Systems Engineer
Duration: 6 months + right to hire
Location: New York, NY
If interested, please send a word version of your resume to email@example.com
The Sr. Windows Systems Engineer will be responsible for architectural design, provisioning, installation, operation and maintenance of all windows systems hardware and software which support the current and future needs of the business. Day-to-day, the optimizations and performance of the infrastructure and systems This is a critical IT Infrastructure function, so the candidate must have extensive experience in Windows core server software, backup strategies, cloud services, disaster recovery, and data center infrastructure.
The focus of the Sr. Infrastructure Engineer will entail the architecture, engineering and support of all the virtualized and physical servers across multiple data centers, and additionally administer the operating systems and core applications while ensuring the environment is managed to meet best practice standards and agreed service availability (SLA's).
* Participate in design, implementation, and maintenance of the enterprise computing environment including troubleshooting, performance monitoring, optimization, capacity management and disaster recovery / business continuity planning.
* Ensure company standard server technology policies are being followed by all technical and business groups.
* Interact with hardware and software vendors to ensure timely resolution to any issues or outages.
* Ensure servers and applications meet proper performance, security and capacity standards. This includes effective backup strategies, and patching.
* Facilitate knowledge sharing by creating and maintaining detailed, comprehensive documentation and diagrams.
* Mentor junior members of the Infrastructure team as needed.
* Maintain an expert level of knowledge in area of expertise by maintaining certifications, attending seminars or through other related activities.
* Respond quickly and effectively to production issues and take responsibility for seeing those issues through to resolution.
* Participate in project planning, design and maintenance of IT Infrastructure.
* Researching and sourcing new technologies, providing architectural advice/recommendations to IT management and steering committees to improve the infrastructure environment.
* Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours.
* Assist in the DR (Disaster Recovery) planning of a multi-site Virtualization and Storage infrastructure along with DR planning for local sites where IT Infrastructure equipment present.
* Assist with the planning and deployment of infrastructure security measures.
* Analyze existing operations and make recommendations for the improvement and development of the relevant IT systems.
* Participate in Post-Mortem meetings to discuss any outage occurrences, develop safe guards and, where appropriate, implement any recommended changes to avoid reoccurrence.
* College degree in the field of computer science, engineering or information systems
* A minimum of 7 years of senior level technical IT infrastructure / systems experience with solid experience in virtualization technologies, with proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
* A minimum of 5 years of systems administration either on an individual or team basis where you were responsible for the planning, developing, and/or maintaining systems hardware and software
* Advanced knowledge in Windows Server and networking technologies.
* Advanced knowledge in server patching software and strategy.
* Advanced knowledge in server backup technologies and strategy.
* Advanced knowledge of systems administration, optimization, and industry best practices.
* Advanced experience in system and network management and monitoring tools such as Solar Winds, vCenter, etc.
* Advanced experience and knowledge in scripting languages such as bash, PowerShell, Perl and VBScript.
* Advanced knowledge of Citrix Xen App and XEN Desktop (VDI) and the ability to administer the environment
* Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP and other TCP/IP protocols and services in support of the virtualization and storage technologies.
* Exceptional customer service skills, in addition to extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
* Capable of accomplishing tasks with minimal supervision
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all IT Infrastructure groups
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
* Continually update and maintain, where necessary, all related documentation, technical or otherwise, for new and existing systems. This is to include inventory, change control, or process functionality documentation.
NTT DATA Services is a leading IT services provider and global innovation partner with 130,000 professionals based in over 50 countries. NTT DATA recently acquired Dell Services. NTT DATA Services emphasizes long-term commitment and combines global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services, including consulting, application services, business process, IT outsourcing, and cloud-based solutions. We are a part of NTT Group, one of the world\'s largest technology services companies, generating more than $100 billion in annual revenues and partner to 80% of the Fortune 100. Visit www.nttdataservices.com to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a wide range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result..