Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Orlando, Florida
Fundraising Support Temp
Part Time Temporary
March of Dimes leads the fight for the health of all moms and babies. We re advocating for policies to protect them. We re working to radically improve the health care they receive. We re pioneering research to find solutions. We re empowering families with programs, knowledge and tools to have healthier pregnancies. By uniting communities, we re building a brighter future for us all.
We are dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce that fosters opportunities for personal and professional development. We provide a collaborative and supportive environment built upon our fundamental core principles where each employee is valued. Join us in the fight for healthy moms and strong babies.
The purpose of this position is:
The purpose of the Fundraising Support Temp is to support March of Dimes fundraising events in order to meet the fundraising objectives of the March of Dimes in the assigned market. The position acts as a liaison between the March of Dimes and the community by recruiting volunteer and corporate participation in fundraising activities.
* Organize corporate teams for March of Dimes and fundraising events as assigned.
* Recruit, coordinate and retain volunteers and staff from area corporations and community groups and associations.
* Communicate mission of the March of Dimes to organization and volunteers.
* Develop folders, flyers, brochures, etc. to promote March for Babies and other special events.
* Develop communication rapport between individual Team Captains and March of Dimes staff.
* Work with program staff and volunteers to ensure that every event contains program content to enhance the knowledge of the audience and general public regarding the March of Dimes mission, programs, special services and benefits for mothers and babies.
* Provide administrative, operational or technical support to March of Dimes programs or projects.
* Previous Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising and event execution.
* Education: Bachelor s degree strongly preferred and/or directly related professional skills and experience.
* Physical Demands: May involve lifting and carrying boxes; may involve traveling by car or plane to meetings and training.
March of Dimes provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
* Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided here.