Tech 2 - Field Maintenance at Patterson-UTI Drilling
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: El Reno, Oklahoma
Tech 2 - Field Maintenance
El Reno, OK, US
Patterson-UTI Drilling Company LLC, through its substantial fleet of land-based drilling rigs, provides comprehensive drilling solutions to major and independent oil and gas companies.
The Tech 2 - Field Maintenance travels to drilling rig field locations to perform a variety of equipment service and maintenance activities. Activities include servicing, repairing, adjusting and testing equipment, documenting equipment condition and maintenance activities. Additional duties include training and mentoring crew on operational level maintenance, coordinating maintenance related projects on rigs, and providing appropriate feedback to the job site manager and maintenance management team.
* Plan appropriately to drive extended distances to rig locations and perform maintenance duties
* Supervise and coordinate rig projects in regards to maintenance actions
* Train operational crews in preventative maintenance checks and services, including how to properly conduct basic and intermediate repairs
* Diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, or electrical faults and plan coordination for the repair of the system or systems
* Coordinate and conduct 2nd and 3rd level inspections and repairs on multiple pieces of equipment
* Supervise and coordinate maintenance related projects on the rig with the rig crew or 3rd party support
* Develop and monitor spare and replacement parts listing for specific equipment
* Assist in development and conduct training for all rig components
* Monitor issues, conduct root cause analysis and trend analysis through multiple facets of information gathering
* Assist operations in designated Maintenance/Policy implementation
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to safely navigate drilling rig work sites with occasional walking, climbing, standing, stepping, etc. during normal rig operating conditions (day/night, outdoor hot/cold weather)
* Demonstrate clear written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact productively with coworkers and third parties and promptly give and follow directions
* Knowledge of, ability and experience troubleshooting and repairing complex problems on multiple types of oilfield drilling equipment and systems
* Ability to read various schematics (electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic)
* Able to train rig employees on operational maintenance procedures
* Able to train technicians on technical maintenance procedures
* Possess mechanical, hydraulic, electrical and/or control system skills
* Computer skills in Microsoft Office
* Ability to travel to visit drilling rig work sites and support business units; occasionally requiring extended travel to remote locations and/or overnight stay(s) outside normal office area
* Lift and carry 50 pounds independently while walking on uneven surfaces
* Bend, stoop, kneel, twist, and crawl occasionally during visits to field and operational work areas
* Frequent use a variety of hand and power tools to perform a range of mechanically oriented functions including independent use of heavy-duty handheld and long-handled tools
* Clear vision to judge near and far distances to maintain awareness of, watch, and report ongoing work activities to coworkers and third parties
* Listen for unusual noises that signify equipment and machinery problems
* Accurate recall of information over short and long-term memory
* Maintain spatial orientation and awareness to safely move around work environment with many moving objects
* Stay alert and focused including during occasional extended work periods
* Physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
* Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all designated times
* Ability to work on weekends and be on call after hours
* High school diploma or GED certificate
* 3 years of Field Maintenance experience in the oil and gas or related industry
* Eligible to drive company vehicle and meet requirements of company vehicle use agreement and driving policy
* Experience with repair and preventative maintenance with equipment to include:: Alta DW, Bomco Mudpumps, FD-1600 Mudpumps, Forum Catwalk, GD800 DW, ST-80(All Models), Rotary Table, Hydraulics, TDS 11 Top Drive, ADS-10 SD DW, DSDG 375 DW
* Prior experience operating heavy equipment
* Technical or vocational training on repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment
This position requires the person to work in both office locations and outdoors in all types of weather conditions, including precipitation, cold / heat, high wind, and turbulent conditions. The Technician will be occasionally exposed to the typical conditions of the local area where the drilling operations and rigs are located. The Technician must work with an emphasis on safety for themselves and others including coworkers and third parties.
They must be able to work closely with others and under deadlines including time-sensitive response situations. They must be willing to work extended schedules that will include working days; and occasionally nights, weekends and holidays.
How To Apply
To apply, click the "apply now" button at the lower right hand corner of the screen and follow the directions.
Employing subsidiaries of Patterson-UTI Energy, Inc. (Patterson-UTI) are equal opportunity employers and maintain a drug-free workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, marital status, covered veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected under state, federal, or local law.
Amount of Travel
Work At Home.