Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Washington, Washington DC
ANALYST - HEALTH
Job Location US-MD-Columbia | US-DC | US-MA-Boston | US-CA-Oakland | US-WA-Seattle
IMPAQ International, a growing and dynamic social science research firm, provides high-quality research and impact evaluation services, policy analysis, survey research, technology solutions, organizational development, technical assistance and consulting services to U.S. and international government agencies, foundations, and the private sector. IMPAQ s mission is to bring together exceptional people to develop innovative and rigorous approaches to evaluate the real-world impact of social policies and programs. IMPAQ offers five locations: our Corporate Headquarters in Columbia, Maryland, rated one of America s Best Small Cities; Downtown Washington, D.C., Boston, Massachusetts, a Bay Area office in Oakland, California and Seattle, Washington. IMPAQ has a diverse and collegial work environment and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).
IMPAQ is seeking a full-time Analyst. Analysts will support our Health research team in a broad range of activities including data analysis, program assessments, project evaluation and technical assistance tasks in the area of health (e.g., government health care programs, such as Medicare/Medicaid, areas of long-term health care and quality measurement).
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the U.S. on a full-time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship (including H-1B sponsorship) is not available for this position.
Depending on project work, qualified candidates may need to meet certain residency requirements
* Independently performs a variety of research and analysis tasks.
* Conducts, compiles, validates, interprets, and analyzes data and trends using practices and techniques in the field(s) of specialization using qualitative and quantitative data techniques and methods.
* Works on assignments that are moderately complex under indirect supervision where there is latitude for independent action and decision-making.
* Participates in portions of large, moderately complex projects. Prepares presentation-quality charts, tables, and reports from data analysis and client meetings.
* Identifies and reviews professional publications from various sources to extract and summarize information relevant to assigned project and proposal work.
* Provides support for project activities and events, including scheduling and participating in site visits for data collection purposes.
* Coordinates and participates in project meetings, conference calls, webinars, and video conferences.
* Manages small project tasks and activities.
* Writes and proofs proposals.
* Reviews work products to ensure quality and consistency of content.
Education, Knowledge, and Experience
* Bachelor s degree in Economics, Public Policy, Public Health, or Political Science.
* 0-3 years of research experience in economics, health and human services, public policy, public health or related fields.
* Experience with research proposal and report preparation preferred.
* Knowledge of or familiarity with quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis programs, and/or using SAS, STATA, NVivo, other qualitative or quantitative analysis programs, and/or database applications is required.
* Excellent oral and written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Strong analytical skills.
* Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
* Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet critical deadlines.
* Advanced expertise in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
IMPAQ International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (M/F/Disability/Veterans).