Texas Senior Manager, Special Programs- 2018/19 at K12, Inc
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Austin, Texas
Texas Senior Manager, Special Programs- 2018/19
Senior Manager, Special Programs INSPIRE THE FUTURE!
TVAH is a rapidly-growing organization that offers our teachers and staff members the excitement of exploring an emerging concept in education. Daily, our talented teachers and staff experience the impact they make on the lives of students. Join us and be inspired by the potential of our students.
SUMMARY: The Senior Manager, Special Programs oversees all matters related to two distinct special programs at two separate Texas schools. The role is responsible for developing and implementing all policies and procedures and oversees all matters related to each school s special programs including Special Education, Advanced Learners (ALP), English Language Learners (ELL), Response to Intervention (RTI), 504, Dyslexia, Gifted and Talented, and other student support programs. The role also assists the Head of School and Administrative Team with developing and implementing general academic policies and procedures leading to the success of all students.
AS A Senior Manager, Special Programs , YOU WILL...
* Develops, implements, and disseminates best practices for all special population programs including, Special Education, Advanced Learners (ALP), English Language Learners (ELL), Response to Intervention (RTI) and 504 and policies and procedures in collaboration with school leadership;
* Supports the school s administration and teachers in providing training on and implementation of special education program and services, ALP, ELL, RTI and 504;
* Supports Academic Administrators in the implementation of Response to Intervention (RTI) and 504 programs;
* Creates and maintains appropriate contacts with district(s), intermediate units, and state special education leaders in order to ensure continued compliance of special education programs and represent the school throughout the state in meetings and trainings related to the implementation of special programs;
* Develops contracts with service providers to provide related services to students and supports full implementation of the related services database to track related services in order to ensure all eligible students are receiving services and that the costs of those services are verified and are reported correctly;
* Oversees the development, compliance, maintenance, and implementation of all eligibility and reevaluation of the Individualized Education Plan (IEP);
* Ensures compliance of special programs including Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA) and compliance with all school, local, state, and federal reporting related to special education, ALP, ELL, RTI and 504;
* Collaborates with Resident Districts and local District personnel in the implementation of individualized education plans, related services, transition, and compliancy needs;
* Directs the Open Enrollment costing processes;
* Demonstrates knowledge of innovative and researched-based methodologies used to instruct students with disabilities in virtual environment
* Supports and engages learners families by responding to their concerns in a timely manner, through regular communication; Connects them to statewide/community resources; Maintains regular office hours and schedules appointments as needed to assist students and parents with additional concerns/questions;
* Participates as Local Education Agency (LEA)/District Representative on IEP Team Meetings;
* Works with the Test Coordinator to ensure that all students receive appropriate accommodations during state testing;
* Works with K12 and local enrollment teams to develop processes for ensuring timely identification and enrollment of students with special needs;
* Proactively communicates all changes in local, state and/or federal special education practices and laws to the Head of School and the administrative team;
* Ensures that special education students are integrated in all school activities and that general education and special education teachers and administrative staff work collaboratively to ensure academic success for all students;
* Collects data for internal studies of special education, ALP, ELL, RTI and 504;
Supervisory Responsibilities: Directly supervises 7-10 Full-time Equivalent (FTE) employees and/or contractors, e.g. Special Education Managers, 504 Coordinators, ELL Coordinator, Gifted & Talented Coordinator, RTI Coordinator etc. and indirectly 20+ Teachers and other instructional support staff. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
Get to know TVAH!
* Behind the Scenes
* A Day in the Life
Are you driven by excellence to deliver instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students individual needs* If selected, you will participate in a comprehensive new teacher training program for three weeks before the start of school. It is an opportunity to meet colleagues and learn the responsibilities required for delivering curriculum in an online environment. During this training you will also learn how to monitor student progress through K12 s learning management system, and to be a partner actively working with students and parents to advance each child s learning.
* Master s degree in Special Education or Education Administration AND
* Three (3) years of professional experience in Special Education AND
* Three (3) years of leadership experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent problem-solving skills
* Organizational skills, multi-tasking abilities
* Customer service orientation
* Experience coordinating academically-oriented clubs and extracurricular activities
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Flexible schedule; Ability to travel as needed, up to 10% of the time within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations
* Ability to pass required background check
* Special Education Teacher Certification AND
* Early Childhood OR Elementary Education OR Middle or Secondary Education in Math OR Science OR Language Arts Teacher Certification
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, skills & Abilities
* Texas Administrator, Mid-Management Administrator, Principal or Superintendent Certification strongly preferred.
* Familiar with federal and state special education laws and regulations
* Familiar with researched based special education curricula and methodologies
* Familiar with IEP and Special Education software applications
* Familiar with online learning programs
* Familiar with student management systems
* Project management experience
* Willingness and ability to obtain additional licensing as required
* Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as Internet research methods and report writing techniques; Utilizes computer software associated with curriculum and special education
WHO ARE WE*
* About us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor seeking priority Veteran referrals, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,