Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Responsible for oversight, implementation and support of interconnectivity/interoperability between Amsurg primary applications and ancillary applications. Supervise, evaluate and implement improvements to infrastructure operations and processes. Manage ongoing analysis of NextGen servers and database structures and environments and provide recommendations for improvement and efficiencies. Manage the build and maintenance of systems infrastructure and applications to support AMSURG healthcare information systems including: NextGen EPM/EHR, Provation Medical Systems, Modernizing Medicine [gGastro] System and others contracted to or subscribed by our Centers. Work collaboratively with Insight Team and Technology team to implement and support technical and clinical applications. Utilize standard project planning methodologies. NextGen subject matter and technical expert.
* Supports, manages and assists in the design of integration and interoperability across multiple projects to ensure common vocabularies and other data representation in systems will support integration requirements for standard data exchange. Manage and assist in the configuration of HL-7 and other interfaces between HIS, particularly NextGen, ProVation, gMed and other Surgical/Clinical documentation systems, Patient Engagement applications, and Anesthesia system interface(s).
* Participates in selection of vendors and tools for interoperability and integration engine.
* Lead, support and facilitate Interoperability projects as identified and implemented within Center Applications projects and/or other product environments - such as HIE, HISP, Direct, CCD-A, etc. Ensure successful completion of all interoperability /interface projects by managing scope, approach, project plan, internal and 3rd party resources, and technology vendors.
* Create and manage project plans for center implementations and Interoperability/Interface projects.
* Create and prioritize requirements to external interoperability vendors to meet AMSURG and Industry business requirements.
* Act as a liaison between multiple systems to understand the cross-system integration requirements and provide the complete picture of integrations for workflow, from scheduling to billing.
* Collaborate with Insight team and external vendors on QA and end to end testing.
* Drive technical discussions between technical team members to convert future state workflows into messaging workflows which align with the end users' actions and interface messaging between systems.
Maintenance and Support
* Monitor, manage and maintain connectivity status via Rosetta Interface engine in NextGen.
* Implement and manage product, network and interoperability monitoring tools to assist in monitoring of unplanned inactivity.
* Collaborate with Insight Leadership and IT to plan and manage upgrades and hotfixes. Recommend internal process improvements in addition to providing and maintaining current documentation of processes, procedures.
* Oversee and deploy system build, including creating enterprise and practices within the NextGen application, Implementation and Maintenance of Refund manager applications, EDI and Reporting set up.
* Troubleshoot system issues with AMSURG HIS and communicate issues and resolutions to Insight team and others appropriately and in a timely manner, working as the Insight team liaison to the IT team, including updates to Sharepoint lists, identifying need for NewsFlashes and urgent communications to team members and/or end users.
* Investigate and resolve internal application issues as related to NextGen including BBP reporting, Rosetta Interface Agent, File Maintenance and System Administrator, template editor, template import/export
* Implementation and internal management of template customizations for clients that use custom templates in NextGen EHR.
* Content review of ongoing NG and YAHOO communications, LCUG involvement, identify items to elevate to Insight and Center Applications leadership
* Support Custom Reporting requests, facilitate introduction of NG Knowledgebase information to Service Desk, monitor status of ongoing tickets, identify problems versus issues, increase SD first call resolution abilities for specified NG tickets
* Support client implementation of HIS at AMSURG surgery centers including occasional travel to sites, when necessary.
* Promote the use of interface and interoperability technologies appropriately to maximize the effectiveness of data sharing between operational systems.
* Manage User Maintenance and Security access for NextGen, NextGen Clearinghouse, Echo, InstaMed, Refund Manager, Medaxion, Casetabs and other ancillary applications added to complement our current systems.
* Primary contact and lead for security matters including security assessments and remediations, as well as internal and external security audits and requirements.
* Ensure correct processes and appropriate approvals are followed for security access requests to any Insight or Center Applications solutions.
* Serve as a Center applications content expert and technical resource.
* Participate in and provide content suggestions for departmental IT meetings, Insight and Center Application team meetings and planning sessions; provide input and feedback as well as be prepared to report on your areas of responsibility during said meetings.
* Support and facilitate Interoperability projects as identified and implemented within Center Applications projects and/or other product environments - such as HIE, HISP, Direct, CCD-A, etc.
* Increase overall knowledge of the applications utilized by Center Applications, Insight and IT teams to facilitate better understanding of processes, contribute to enhancements and features, find efficiencies and improve end user experiences - as well as improve performance for Insight builds and maintenance and support
* Reliable and regular attendance is required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university with an emphasis in computer science, information systems, engineering or other technical discipline with a minimum of eight (8) years' experience in IT in a systems administration role and database administration is required. Experience creating queries and reports using Microsoft SQL Server technologies, working with HL-7 and EDI interfaces and their message formats, and experience with endoscopy report writing systems a plus. Experience administering NextGen EPM and EHR applications and the underlying infrastructure required with specific certification credentials as determined by Insight within 6 months timeframe in the role.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and percentages.
Ability to understand, read, write and speak English. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations. Ability to successfully write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information, respond to questions and professionally interact with managers, employees, clients, vendors and the general public.
Ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and correct errors. Ability to understand and interpret basic financial data. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in a variety of forms and deal with abstract and concrete variables.