Service Assurance Technician II at Cox Communications
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
The primary responsibility of the Service Assurance Technician II is to provide advanced technical support by functioning as a part of a 24x7x365 operations environment.
This is a highly specialized support organization that is responsible for the day to day operations of a Service Provider. This role requires the use of applied technical knowledge and practical experience to resolve complex issues. This role will be responsible for correlating incoming tickets, proactively discovering trends or issues impacting a greater customer segment and then extrapolating that data to determine if these events are tied to a larger incident.
This role requires a high degree of proficiency with the incident management process as they will be expected to manage fix agents, boundary partners and leadership communications during the course of an extended event. This role will also require familiarity with incident management, change management, problem management, and other ITIL processes. This role assists with change conflict mitigation, knowledge management and other ITIL process and documentation needs.
The Service Assurance Technician II must be a motivated team player that can see projects to completion, work independently, and be willing to assist other staff in areas not specific to their duties. Excellent communication skills are expected as the role will require the ability to translate technical issues for both technical and non-technical audiences.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Receives work from the Service Assurance Tier I teams, other Tier II groups, and/or ticketing system and drives restoration
* Provides second tier, high-level technical support to field operations personnel through a working knowledge and broad background in core technologies
* Must be able to work shifts as assigned in the 24/7 operations
* Manages internal phone queues to assist with live troubleshooting in accordance with defined service level agreements
* Track, re-direct and escalate the workflow of incidents to subsequent support levels as needed to restore/repair incidents
* Validate operational success of deployments/maintenances
* Provide feedback and recommendation for Operations Support Systems (OSS) tools improvements, process flows, event management, and correlation
* Resolve interoperability issues between customers hardware and Cox premise equipment.
* Resolve incidents within defined time period, and escalate unresolved incidents to appropriate fix agents
* Closes Trouble Tickets and provides feedback/updates to Knowledge Objects (e.g. Methods of Procedure)
* Comply with established Change Management and Incident Management processes
* Coordinate with fix agents to perform repair and/or site maintenance based on the severity or type of event
* Ensure accurate and timely creation, updates and completion of all trouble tickets with prompt escalation and notification of major network or platform faults and customer impact to appropriate escalation and fix agents within defined Incident Management Service Level Agreements (SLA)
* Identify and assist in resolving multi-customer impacting platform issues
* Monitor network, platform, and service events, identify impact associated with events and incidents, create tickets as per Trouble Ticketing Guidelines and execute pre-defined scripts in case of alarms and incidents reported by network element management or other fault systems
* Monitor network and other infrastructure traffic and performance while maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction by providing services fully compliant with the Service Level Agreements (SLA) and minimizing impact on customer service
* Validates network or other infrastructure redundancy through ongoing testing as necessary
* Functions on a 24-hour call-in basis in the event of serious incidents, as required
* Validate restore/repair actions and clear alarms
* Open cases with hardware vendors and drive for solutions within required SLAs
* Define the knowledge objects (step by step resolution scripts/process) to enable Tier I and NOC Technicians to drive restoration documentation
* Provides advanced technical support, customer and product support and problem resolution for the Cox network encompassing residential, Cox Business and Enterprise platforms and services.
* Coordinates and prioritizes resolution efforts and preventative maintenance. Configures devices and applications across Voice, Video, Transport, IP, Data Products and IT Infrastructure to provision, test, maintain, and restore services
* Manage complex production support issues
* Applies advanced skills to resolve complex incidents independently
* Assists with change management by creating, validating and performing pre/post change service level monitoring ensuring the health of the network, the service and customer needs
* Ensure successful implementation of restoration/repair in the network by creating and/or implementing Change Request (ECR) tickets according to defined Change Control procedures
* Close Trouble/Problem tickets as needed per Problem Management process
* Utilize advanced tools to implement and test services
* Utilize automated tools to increase supportability
* Performs as Incident Commander for outages as required, to ensure effective and timely communications and coordination of resources (e.g. Technical Support Office, partners, customer) and required notifications
* Provides advanced research to address software issues
* Identify support gaps and support improvements
* Updates/maintains logs and documentation to ensure compliance with Cox and industry standards
* Interfaces with NOC Technicians, support teams and vendors/providers. Also interfaces with Tier 3 boundary partners
* Performs as SME with regards to supported core technology (e.g. technical facilities, power alarming, video services, delivery technologies, etc.)
* Provide ongoing support to NOC Technicians with respect to refresher training, training on new features or technologies, lessons learned, and expert trouble-shooting advice as needed
* Responsible for completing After Action Reviews post service affecting (Critical, Major) or high visibility events
* Collision verification and communication as it pertains to Change and Incident Management processes
* Re-provisions, tests, maintains, and restores some or all of the supported Network/IT equipment including core, backbone devices or critical IT applications
* Adherence to applicable legal, regulatory and security policies
* Demonstrated ability to investigate and quantify reported service interruptions
* Three years minimum experience within an incident management position focusing on issue ownership and resolution and including network failure, isolation and restoration
* Three years minimum experience with element management systems (e.g.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.