Solution Specialist Business Applications at Hitachi Data Systems
Posted in Other 7 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Hitachi Vantara combines technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. Come join our team and our employee-focused culture, and help drive our customers data to meaningful customer outcomes.
BUSINESS APPLICATION SALES SPECIALIST-
Ignite your career with Hitachi Vantara! We have a proven track record of creating the future for more than 100 years. Thousands of the most mission critical systems in the worlds largest enterprises use our solutions today. Were going to change the way the world works and were going to make it a better place. Not by helping our customers and partners innovate but rather, by helping them intelligently innovate so they can deliver outcomes that truly matter for business and society.
Hitachi Vantara, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hitachi, Ltd., helps data-driven leaders find and use the value in their data to innovate intelligently and reach outcomes that matter for business and society. We combine technology, intellectual property and industry knowledge to deliver data-managing solutions that help enterprises improve their customers experiences, develop new revenue streams, and lower the costs of business. Only Hitachi Vantara elevates your innovation advantage by combining IT, operational technology (OT) and domain expertise. We work with organizations everywhere to drive data to meaningful outcomes.
Great careers start with innovation and here at Hitachi Vantara, our promise is to deliver insights that power smarter businesses and inspire social innovation solutions for a healthier, safer future. The key to our innovation is our people -- our culture values respect, diversity, and collaboration. Join our Hitachi family and together, lets lead the way to extraordinary!
The Business Application Sales Specialist is responsible for growing the Application Solutions and platforms business across identified geographies. The responsibilities of the role will span specific sales districts in the United States, and will require travel. In conjunction with the Solutions and Products Group (SPG) and the Global Converged Team, the position acts as the focal point for Business Application Solutions sales associated with our Converged and Cloud platforms. This includes, but is not limited to, our Oracle practice, our SAP practice, our VMware practice and our Microsoft practice. The Sales Specialist will work closely with the AMER SPG teams, global alliances teams, product management, engineering, and marketing. The individual will be expected to have good working knowledge of Oracle, SAP, virtualization technologies and cloud solution selling. The role will leverage their experience in converged/cloud solution sales to take a proactive approach in driving the Americas growth in the targeted markets.
Success will be measured through performance against quarterly/annual revenue targets, development and management of solution pipeline, tactical execution of initiatives, strategic wins, and revenue growth.
* Accountable for exceeding sales quota within assigned Region
* Driving revenue and growing market share in defined territory
* Exceeding quarterly revenue targets
* Develop an enterprise account solution strategy at all levels business units to C-suite
* Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
* Accelerate customer adoption of portfolio solutions
* Identification and prioritization of opportunities in the field. Developing and driving strategies to win opportunities.
* Being the trusted sales leader for Converged Applications opportunities across the specific districts
* Working with Hitachi Vantara sales, presales and SPG teams to drive alignment and knowledge of each application solution and technologies to facilitate broad sales growth in assigned region
* Working and partnering with District leadership
* Leveraging our strategic alliance team and alliance partners effectively
* Effective pipeline creation, management and forecasting for the regions, and owning updates on progress to District and SPG leadership
KEY SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
* A proven knowledge of converged systems, enterprise applications including SAP and Oracle, and virtualization technologies and solutions
* Thorough knowledge of cloud economics: TCO and commercial models, their cost structure and value drivers; make-buy analysis
* Relevant reallife experience with bimodal IT operations: procuring, selling, implementing, utilizing and/or operating such infrastructures - private and/or hybrid
* Functional understanding of key technologies and trends in the cloud domain; bi-modal IT, containerization, software defined technology, hybrid cloud operating models, etc.
* Able to articulate design and technology differences unique to the converged market providers and manufacturers
* A well-documented, solid and successful sales career having generated results from a subject matter specialist or business development roles
* 7 years of work experience with progressive responsibility in business development, strategic partnerships, alliances or solution sales
* Experience in leading and influencing cross-functional teams with value-led propositions
* Comfortable with 1-2 weeks of travel per month across the assigned districts
* Excellent communication, interpersonal, presentation, and analytical skills
* Entrepreneurial & Commercial thinking: ambitious, self-driven, go-getter, risk-taker, persuader and influencer, persistent, action oriented, change driver, opinionated (my business!)
* Customer Focus - We see our customers' business through their eyes in order to provide solutions that uniquely satisfy each customer's needs
* Solutions-focused: curious, positive, collaborative, issues into possibilities
* Consultative skills: establish credibility; explore requirements; plan in view of interests, ambitions and possibilities; handshake engagement; deliver on it
* Organizational awareness: establish power-base mapping to sensibly act and plan in accordance
* Sales skills; ability to drive the clients Converged/Cloud strategy towards solutions offered in the Hitachi Cloud portfolio
* Superior presentation / communication skills: purposeful structure, crisp content (less is more), actionable delivery
* Maintains good rapport and demonstrates leadership and teamwork in cross-functional teams
* Passionate, Positive can-do attitude
* Accountable and takes responsibility
* Contagious level of passion and confidence
* Results focused
* Ambitious, Enthusiasm, Energy
* Transformation, Drives Change
* Cultivates Innovation
* Collaborates in cross-functional teams
* Customer Oriented
* Driven, Self-Motivated
* Problem solver
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.