Software Developer 16791 at HII-TSD Camber Corporation
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Huntington Ingalls Industries - Technical Solutions Division, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) provides mission-critical engineering and technical service to Information Technology, Federal Civilian, and National Security, Aerospace & Defense and International government and commercial customers at over 100 locations worldwide.
HII-TSD, Integrated Mission Solutions Group (Camber Corporation) is currently seeking a Software Developer to work out of their Virginia Beach office.
The project involves working with existing Navy customers to build robust modeling and simulation applications using either C#, C++ or other to-be-defined software programming languages in support of Shipboard Training systems. The candidate will build to the requirements and provide full-software lifecycle support.
The following statements of duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties and responsibilities may vary depending upon assignments and other factors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct project software product development IAW the project schedule, Software Requirements Specifications, and the Software Design Documents in concert with other task engineers.
- Contribute to/participate in technical reviews (internal & external).
- Work closely, collaboratively and communicates effectively with all members of the development team including government and contractors.
- Ability to work independently on development tasks with minimal supervision.
- 10% travel expected on or to various customer and test site(s).
- Support the full software life cycle
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- C/C++, C# or Java Programming Language experience
- Unit Testing/Automated Testing
- UML Modeling
- Basic CM (Subversion, Git, etc.)
- Operating System (Linux Redhat, Windows)
- Experience working with Navy contracts/projects and training systems
- Agile software development (Scrum, etc.)
- Basic networking and hardware experience.
- Reviewing requirements documents/products
- Generating software design documents/products
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security Clearance.
- All candidates will be subject to a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening per HII requirements.
See Job Description