IT Specialist I at Concorde Career Colleges, Inc.
Posted in Information Technology 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Mission, Kansas
The IT Specialist is a customer service role providing high quality technical support to customers via our Service Desk. The IT Specialist will work with customers to determine and resolve both hardware and software problems. Work assignments are completed with general supervision and periodic review during and upon completion. Work is evaluated for results against metrics based on reliability, customer service, effectiveness, cost and the timeliness of the services provided.
Provides technical support within established SLAs and in compliance with the Service Desk workflow to the field and corporate office. Support may be provided electronically, by phone, or physical presence.
Maintains a professional and customer service driven demeanor at all times to ensure customer satisfaction in technical support services is maximized.
Manages all user account access creations, modifications, and terminations.
Coordinates the tracking, maintenance, repair, and replacement of desktop and mobile equipment.
Provides and documents warranty information, acts as vendor contact point during repairs by outside vendors.
Ensures customers are always aware of incidents, outages, or changes to service that may affect their job duties.
- Associate’s Degree in an information systems program or equivalent is preferred or a minimum 2 years of experience in technical computer training or support/service desk roles.
- Service Desk experience strongly preferred or past experience in an instructional institution technical role where communication, customer service, and problem solving were performed
- Knowledge in personal and mobile computer hardware and operating systems, computer desktop set-up and configurations, network operating systems and the interdependencies between systems.
- Expert in Microsoft Office Products
- Skilled at applying the principles of logic or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions, communicating technical information with others in a clear and concise manner, managing personal workflow, comprehending the consequences of various problem situations and making sound decisions within the standards of policy.
- Systems Used: Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft System Center, Microsoft Terminal Services/Citrix XenApp, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Windows 7 and Windows 10.
This role is required to work after-hours or weekends as necessary for projects.
This role may be required to be on-call for customer support.
This role may be required to perform occasional travel.
See Job Description