Assistant Director of Marketing and Business Development at Simon
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elizabeth, New Jersey
This position is responsible to assist in the creation, development, and implementation of the overall revenue generation strategies and strategic marketing direction of the shopping center and in order to meet corporate property business and marketing objectives.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Under the direction of the DMBD, identify, create, and sell revenue opportunities through strategic positioning of mall assets, media assets, and mall programming in order to achieve the sales goals of the property
- Generate prospective clients in local markets through cold calling, networking, reviewing applicable publications and targeted outreach plans
- Review and understand Marketing budget, Marketing financials and various related reports
- Support administrative elements and approvals of sponsorship/event deals including contracting, deal entry, proof of performance, payment collection, contract renewal, revenue forecasting and reporting
- Assist in the development of solid on-going relationships with partners and sponsors to address performance, execution, and future growth potential
- Assist in the completion of all associated sales reporting including weekly inventory verification and updating as well as management of individual inventory requests
- Frequently review and understand center sales and traffic tends and reports
- Where applicable, assist in overseeing and executing all tourism programs to include local/regional/national/international/SSD initiatives
- Assist with the promotion and implementation of platform programs in a professional and timely manner and measuring of results
- Responsible for managing the local production and use of on-mall collateral and materials.
- Participate in Manager on Duty rotation as needed, attend staff meetings and uphold other relevant management responsibilities
- Assist in writing and creating retailer correspondence and communications.
- Work with DMBD to keep an up-to-date media contact list and build a network of media contacts
- Along with the DMBD, convey sales and market related information to the center’s leasing representative. Provide necessary marketing information and assistance as necessary
- Assist DMBD with coordinating tenant and partner meetings
- BA or BS degree with emphasis in marketing or business
- 3 years of experience in sales, sponsorship, strategic marketing, event management, and budgeting
- Knowledge of retail management, marketing and advertising and working knowledge of the media industry
- Exceptional negotiating skills
- Event planning experience
- Well-developed oral and written skills
- Sound fiscal management and budgeting skills
- Excellent word processing, Excel, and Power Point skills
- Flexibility to work varied schedules including weekends and evenings
- Some overnight travel required
See Job Description