Utility Worker/Cleaner/Dishwasher ***Must work weekends at Nicklaus Children's Health System
Posted in Health Care 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Miami, Florida
Under the guidance of the Executive Chef, performs heavy cleaning throughout the Food and Nutrition Department.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Prior customer service experience
Job Specific Essential Duties:
- Cleans and sanitizes kitchen and floors according to departmental Sanitation policy. Operates floor machine according to guidelines.
- Delivers all nourishment supplies to nursing units.
- Empties, cleans and relines trash cans according to MCHS Recycling policy.
- Operates, cleans, and maintains the functioning of the dishwashing equipment. Trouble shoots any issues as needed.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen and cafeteria after all meals according to departmental guidelines and schedule.
- Takes food carts to floors and returns soiled trays to kitchen after meal service.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to wash all pots, pans, dishes, and utensils. Uses 3 compartment sink and proper washing and sanitizing chemicals. Documents on the MDSD sheet.
- Complies with all sanitation, servsafe and safety requirements.
- Maintains accountability by ensuring compliance thru timely completion of licensures, certifications, all competencies, health requirements (PPD, N95, Flu, etc.), and education requirements.
- Maintains accountability and timekeeping expectations as outlined by MCHS Timekeeping and Attendance policy & procedures. Ensures behavior is compliant with communication standards.
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- One year in food service operations preferred
- Ability to communicate sufficiently well in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to relate cooperatively and constructively with customers and co-workers
- Basic knowledge in use of computer applications
- Knowledge of Safety and Regulatory guidelines set by state with food safety
- Knowledge of sterilization techniques
- Able to follow simple instructions to accomplish repetitive tasks.